Lead Data Scientist – Customer Marketing
All of our work in Data Science is directed at building software solutions that enhance the marketing activity of the company by using machine learning and advanced statistical methods. This means understanding the customer, figuring out whom they are, what they want and how to get their attention. Critically, we build systems that do this autonomously.
About the role:
As the Lead Data Scientist for Customer Marketing, you will be responsible for owning and driving forward projects to optimise our communication and customer retention systems, as well as understanding and predicting customer behaviour. You will work with key stakeholders across the business as well as developing a high performing team of Data Scientists. Moreover, you will be an active participant across the whole of the UK data science team, providing your knowledge and expertise in support of all of our initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- You will recruit, manage and retain a high performing team of Data Scientists; coaching them, setting their priorities and working collaboratively to deliver projects on time and to the highest standards.
- You will act as a leader for Data Science in the wider Farfetch organisation, working with commercial and technical stakeholders to define and deliver intelligent systems.
- You will work with large, complex data sets, solving hard problems using advanced statistical and Machine Learning techniques. Conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- You will research, prototype and productionise Machine Learning pipelines to provide solutions problems in Customer Marketing with substantial commercial impact
- You will collaborate with other Scientists and Engineers, identify opportunities for, design, and assess improvements to Farfetch products.
Who you are:
- You have an MSc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or other quantitative scientific discipline. You don’t just apply out-of-the-box models, you know how they work, when they work and why they work.
- You are fluent in Python, Java, C++ or similar object oriented programming language. Experience developing production software is a bonus.
- You have extensive industry experience in an advanced Analytics or Data Science role, with exposure to digital marketing and adtech. You’re able to provide detailed examples of how you’ve delivered commercial value through your work.
- You have experience of managing a small team
- You have applied experience with Machine Learning on large datasets. Experience in Bayesian Inference and Reinforcement Learning is a bonus.
- You are experienced with distributed computing (e.g., Hive/Hadoop , Spark).
- You are able to make occasional trips to our offices in Portugal.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.