Senior .Net Developer
Who we are
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Black & White is a Farfetch business unit that has the mission to be a full-service agency providing end-to-end, multichannel e-commerce solutions exclusively for luxury fashion brands. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class client service, from project management of the website build and maintenance through to ongoing e-commerce consultancy.
The team, located in Porto, is responsible for the core system analysis and development. It’s a .NET based team with multi-disciplinary abilities on core base concepts like micro-services architecture, event-driven and eventually consistent systems, resiliency policies, containerization techniques, CI/CD, among others things. We are also the base foundation analysis source for other team’s developments.
The role involves analysis, development, and investigation of base system foundations and policies. It also involves mentoring, coaching and evangelization initiatives.
What You’ll do:
- You’ll be part of a platform core development team responsible for the analysis, design and implementation and evolution of the global tech ecosystem supporting Farfetch Black and White business unit.
- You’ll be using the latest software engineering methodologies and infrastructure developing the most cutting-edge solution four our brands.
- You’ll be part of a multidisciplinary development environment.
- You’ll be interfacing and aligning developments with cross-functional teams across all Farfetch.
Who You Are:
- A top-notch C# .NET developer proficient in server-side web development with proven experience in rest full microservices in large, complex environments;
- Experienced using dependency injection frameworks;
- Experienced using testing frameworks and applying testing concepts;
- Aware and experienced in CI/CD tools;
- Comfortable using Docker containers and .NET Core 2.0;
- Using Linux as a deployment server base;
- Using Cassandra/Mongo as a storage engine;
- Using or aware of Kafka developments;
- Professional attitude and a real pride in the quality of work;
- Problem solver with strong organizational and follow-up skills;
- The tenacity with a smile;
- A dedicated team player;
- A person with a good cultural awareness;
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long-term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is of the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.