Senior UX Researcher
The UX Research team at Farfetch are roughly 15 Professionals from different backgrounds and with different Research superpowers, distributed and growing across 3 locations.
We empower our internal teams to serve Farfetch consumers on the shopping side best (Consumer Research team) as well as the Professionals in the Fashion Boutiques and for Brands around the world selling on Farfetch (Partner Research team).
You will be driving and implementing strategic and tactical research in multiple product areas and thus enabling your teams making customer-centric and evidence-based decisions in Product and Design.
You will use a wide variety of research methods and techniques, remote and field based, to explore and reveal our customers’ behaviours and motivations and their needs, wants and desires.
Equipped with strong business acumen, commercial sense, and excellent analysis and storytelling skills, you will translate data from different sources into deep, meaningful and actionable insights.
You work directly with the UX Research Manager and design and product leads to define research needs and priorities.
What you'll do:
- You will autonomously plan, conduct and deliver multiple research studies with high complexity and importance to the business, closely aligned to your team's goals and missions.
- You will collaborate with stakeholders in Product Management, Operations and Design, build strong relationships with them and gain a deep understanding of the core of their research needs.
- You will guide your team to get past their surface-level research questions, helping them to arrive at fundamental questions addressing the core of their research needs.
- You will deliver meaningful insights in effective, innovative, and impactful ways (reports, journey maps and personas) to a variety of audiences and facilitate them making evidence-based decisions for product and design.
- You will be the go-to person for everything Research to the cross-functional leaders in your product area.
- You will become an expert in multiple of Farfetch's product offerings.
Who you are:
- Passionate about researching the Farfetch consumer and helping create a market leading customer experience. Ideally, you are already experienced in the world of consumer research and researching e-commerce and consumer behaviour.
- Experienced UX researcher with a strong portfolio in a wide range of qual and quant methods and in exploratory, generative and evaluative research all of which you can deliver autonomously and at the highest quality standards.
- +3y of experience in advocating for and delivering UX Research in different commercial environments. Ideally experienced in navigating big organisations.
- Effective in seeking out, building and maintaining strong and trusting relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Effective and compelling communicator: You distill complex ideas and package them for easy consumption. You are able to communicate research findings clearly, accurately and compellingly in written, verbal, non-verbal and visual forms of communication.
- Self-sufficient and creative thinker, problem solver who can work independently.
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Eager to learn, always, as well as to teach and to share your experience and wisdom with others happily and freely.
- You thrive in an agile, ever-changing, and demanding environment that requires multi- tasking.
- Comfortable working with remote peers on a consistent basis.
- Excellent English, verbally and written. Proficiency in other languages welcome (we are a multi-lingual team covering some fifteen languages).