Product Owner - Finance
Who we are
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
FOR THE TECH REVOLUTIONARIES. THE ONES WHO SEE THE FUTURE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN
Our world class Product team is responsible for ensuring that our customer’s journey is seamless across all of our platforms and designed and executed to high standards. Focusing heavily on UX & Digital Design, the teams are currently split across our three offices in London, Porto and Lisbon. Working across 3 main verticals, Front Office , Backoffice and Mobile they have helped to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure they’re always at the forefront of the latest technology, even creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch; they truly demonstrate our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value in everything they do.
FOR THE BOLD. THE ONES WHO CHALLENGE CONVENTION AND DARE TO DREAM.
Finance Product team goals are to provide the tools to support our business with a best of breed financial data that is flexible and adaptable to the different markets and partner needs; provide our partners and ourselves with financial performance in real time to guarantee “Impressive World-class reporting” and dynamic information; and optimize finance processes and reduce manual procedures to be able to assess business performance and react accordingly.
The person in this position will be instrumental in delivering our Finance platforms so that it becomes a foundation for our strategic platform across all channels and geographies.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in cross-functional teams during the entire lifecycle of product development - pre impact analysis, deployment and post-deployment activities. Proactively identifies problems that arise in the project, outlines options, recommends solutions, and escalates as needed;
- Rely on data driven techniques to present and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary. Champions the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensuring that what is delivered meets the original goals;
- With complete independence, write and approve user stories as part of an Agile project framework;
- Anticipate upstream and downstream impacts and works with internal business groups to adjust business tools and practices in order to support new features and functionality;
- Develop supporting business case, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations;
- Gather input from a variety of internal and external sources to define product vision and roadmap.
Who you are:
- Knowledgeable of Finance products and/or finance processes is highly desirable;
- Able to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues;
- A professional with solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships;
- A professional with excellent communication skills in English is mandatory;
- Experienced in fashion retail and/or omni-channel company is a plus;
- Knowledgeable of the Scrum methodology is a plus;
- Experienced as Product Owner is a plus.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.