Mobile Engineer - iOS
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of iOS applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch. This role consists in writing top notch Objective-C/Swift code and resort to battle hardened design patterns. It isn't just about writing iOS apps, you'll also have the chance to get your hands dirty with UI Automation, fully automated build pipelines and API integration testing with node.js.
What you’ll do:
- Drive feature development and help improve end-to-end product quality;
- Contribute for cross team development of common libraries;
- Help define best practices on iOS development and contribute for a share and learn driven environment;
- Be fully commited to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment;
- Work closely with other Product Development teams to improve consistency and timing of releases;
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology.
Who you are:
- Experienced in iOS development with at least one released app (solo or as a team member);
- Experienced in working with Objective-C and Swift (if you don't have experience in Swift, don't worry - just be keen to learn);
- Knowledgeable about REST API architecture;
- Understanding of client side development as well as the API backend stack;
- Eager to get nerdy about memory management, UI layout/rendering and UI/network performance;
- Detail oriented and have excellent teamwork skills;
- Energetic, creative and fun to work with;
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.