Global Styling Manager (Maternity Cover)
About the role:
Farfetch is enterprising in its vast and unique fashion proposition. It is therefore essential that the product imagery is reflective of our USP and is a key driver in raising the fashion credibility of the site. In order to achieve this the Senior Styling Manager will be a pivotal driving force; working to consistently elevate the style content of the images and produce inspirational ‘market leader’ product shots.
What you’ll do:
- You will work in conjunction with the Global Head of Styling to define an aspirational vision for the product imagery along with a process that enables its execution within the Farfetch studios Globally.
- You will ensure consistency within our image & styling Globally
- You will improve quality of our imagery and overall customer experience whilst considering Production needs
- You will build quality improvement strategies
- You will define with external partners a Global training programme to develop the Styling knowledge and education in the teams
- You will be a dotted line manager to the Styling managers (PT, HK, US and BR) to develop the teams Creatively coaching and supporting them to continuously improve and produce consistently on-brand luxe imagery.
- You will support Global head of Creative Services in Strategic implementation in production.
- You will manage the Casting Production team ensuring we are able to scale our model pools, looking for new areas of opportunity whilst delivering the best level of quality.
- You will directly manage the Styling Retail co-ordinator to ensure we are utilising the ‘Shop the Look’ function and driving the best Styling pieces to the teams to ensure quality output.
- You will manage the new Styling project’s and brand launches end to end- ensuring each step of the process is quality driven.
- You will provide feedback/support to the Styling managers ensuring their teams are meeting quality delivery
- You will look for ways to constantly improve and drive the Styling quality
- You will work closely with the Fashion Director, Head of Creative services to ensure cohesive ‘Build our Brand’ Imagery looping the bridge with Editorial.
- You will work with the lead Creative Photographer, Art Director and Creative Services team in testing and delivering project briefs
- You will work on both Internal/External projects acting as a FF brand ambassador
- You will support any new business set up’s/Initiatives with best Styling practices
- You will drive and Lead Styling Quality off-sites/training sessions for Styling Managers and Teams
- You will propose Quality driving initiatives to the Global Head Of Creative Services for Sign off and implementation
- You will drive any Styling ‘Build our Brand’ initiatives and Guidelines
- You will support Head of Production/Production Director on any Creative management support for the production function
Who you are:
- You are ambitious and driven with an impeccable work ethic
- You have extensive and detailed knowledge of trends, designers and brands
- You have proven styling experience within editorial and e-commerce
- You have strong managerial experience with a confident, authoritative presence capable of building teams to execute quality delivery
- You have a proactive approach to driving changes within limited time frames
- You have sound photography knowledge to ensure guidelines are correctly and efficiently executed.
- You have excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and re-prioritize according to business requirements.
- You have strong negotiating skills and experience dealing with talent agencies.
- You have previous ecommerce experience within fashion retail- ideally focussed In the luxury market.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.