Lead Product Owner - Platform Tools
Who we are
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
FOR THE TECH REVOLUTIONARIES. THE ONES WHO SEE THE FUTURE AND MAKE IT HAPPEN
Our world class Product team is responsible for ensuring that our customer’s journey is seamless across all of our platforms and designed and executed to high standards. Focusing heavily on UX & Digital Design, the teams are currently split across our three offices in London, Porto and Lisbon. Working across 3 main verticals, Front Office, Backoffice and Mobile they have helped to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure they’re always at the forefront of the latest technology, even creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch; they truly demonstrate our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value in everything they do.
Platform Tools Product team goal is to develop fast, flexible, scalable platforms for both our internal operational teams and external supply partners. The core responsibilities is to identify opportunities, deliver business analytics and improve our processes and internal and external tools to operate efficiently and in support of our strategic goals.
The person in this position will be instrumental in setting within his product team a Product Long term vision for our Omni-channel platform so that it becomes a foundation for our strategic platform across all channels and geographies supporting a fast, efficient, and cost effective global network strategy.
What You’ll do:
- Develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication;
- Provide research, analysis, and support in order to identify, evaluate and resolve strategic opportunities;
- Partner with the business to identify opportunities in current systems and processes, and create requirements for functional changes to maximize returns on application development efforts;
- Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems and tools to affected groups;
- Identify and quantify methodology differences and impacts between current and future processes and systems;
- Build relationships with Strategic Management business partners and other stakeholders;
- Develop and manage project plans and key stakeholder engagement strategy on all initiatives;
- Lead/Support/Coach the Product owners that work in the Platform Cluster.
Who You Are:
- You have 4 to 8 years of work experience;
- Knowledgeable in Supply Chain logistics or post order B2B and B2C tools;
- Able to think globally/strategically and frame new and complex issues;
- Experienced in people management;
- You have solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships
- Experienced in marketplace, preferably in an omni-channel company;
- Experienced in using data to inform key decisions. This includes analyzing usage patterns to drive prioritization and adopting a test and learn approach to building product to inform product direction;
- Excellent communicator in English.
- Knowledgeable of the Scrum methodology.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.