Test Engineer - Mobile
Who we are:
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.<p
Our world-class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionizing the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile, and Instore. The teams are committed to turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.<p
The main purpose of the test engineering team is to help improve the quality of all platforms of Farfetch. They work integrated with the project team, developing test frameworks and setting up test systems.<p
Test Engineers at Farfetch are not only manual testers – they have the knowledge and write scripts to automate testing. As a Test Engineer - Mobile, you will learn how to navigate in our codebase for mobile devices and identify the weakness and then in a creative way you are going to help build a world-class e-commerce platform.
What you'll do:
- Advocate for quality within cross-functional agile development teams;
- Do the software requirements and technical specification documentation;
- Specify test scenarios and test cases (both functional and non-functional);
- Execute tests (both manual and automated in iOS and Android native applications;
- Implement of Mobile UI and API automated tests;
- Coach other team engineers on test automation best practices;
- Work closely with the automation team to suggest ways to improve our test automation and continuous delivery process and infrastructure;
- Report defects and work closely with other teammates to get them fixed.
Who you are:
- Experience in software testing;
- Experience in test management tools like TestRail and defect management tools like JIRA;
- Knowledgeable of testing techniques for native mobile applications;
- Focused on delivering quality software and defending the customer/end-user perspective;
- Interested in working with major UI testing frameworks like XCUITest, Espresso or UIAutomator;
- You want to get your ISTQB software testing certifications;
- You want to become an evangelist of Continuous Integration/Delivery systems like Jenkins or TeamCity.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long-term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.