Test Engineer - Mobile
Who we are:
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Mobile Cluster is an awesome part of the Farfetch Tech Team. We have a strong tech culture and we are leading by our values: love technology, be proud of our work and learn and teach every day.
In Farfetch, we like to break things and then rebuild it better. Test Engineers at Farfetch are not only manual testers – they have the knowledge to setup test environments, manage a battery of test case specification, test planning / execution, issue tracking and tooling. You will integrate an Agile team, being responsible for all the software testing, aiming for high quality standards on the software developed by the team and help build a world-class e-commerce application.
What You’ll do:
- Advocate for quality within cross-functional development teams;
- Make testing part of the teams’ development process;
- Review of software requirements and technical specification documentation;
- Specification of test scenarios and test cases (both functional and non-functional);
- Execution of tests;
- Work closely with the automation team to suggest ways to improve our test automation and continuous delivery process and infrastructure;
- Report defects and work closely with other teammates to get them fixed;
- Contribute to Farfetch quality vision and community.
Who You Are:
- Experience in software testing, preferably on E-commerce platforms;
- Experienced in dealing with REST APIs;
- Experience in test management tools like TestRail and defect management tools like JIRA;
- Knowledgeable of testing techniques for native mobile applications;
- Focused on delivering quality software and defending the customer/end-user perspective;
- Experience working in Agile environments with SCRUM methodologies is a plus.
- Proficient in written and spoken English;
- Good communication skills and teamwork believer;
- Good time management and multi-tasking skills;
- Be organized, detail oriented and resilient to stress;
- Interested in breaking things.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships