Finance Intern- Fixed Costs
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
The Farfetch Finance team is rapidly expanding as we continue to drive exciting change across the business. The team mainly sits across the London and Porto offices and look after accountancy, FP&A, treasury, tax and corporate development. There is never a dull moment in Finance at Farfetch with the constant evolution of the business and high growth keeping us busy! It’s a very faced-paced, high energy and complex environment.
All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping tell our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
This role is a great opportunity to understand a lot of areas across Farfetch. You will work closely with Accountancy, Office management and the People teams to increase Finance visibility on our fixed cost base in order to be able to create challenge and efficiency in what we are doing.
What you’ll do:
- Support Planning Team on budgets and forecasts
- Support the finance business partners with KPI reporting, monthly updates and meetings with stakeholders
- Prepare budgeting packs to aid stakeholders in cost management
- Support the Finance Business Partner with new projects as they arise, collecting and processing data, providing analyses, identifying opportunities and exploiting trends, always ensuring the quality of data provided
- Encourage best practice across all regions and departments
Who you are:
- A professional with a degree in Management or Economics
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken (mandatory)
- Experienced in reporting (as a plus);
- Expert in Excel; SQL knowledge as plus
- A professional with an excellent team working attitude with ability to interact with different departments;
- A professional with strong analytical skills, data based decision making mind-set and detail oriented;
- Dynamic, with high sense of responsibility and a problem-solver.
- A professional with excellent communication skills and ability to deal with stress;
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.