Senior Product Owner - Communications
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Product team is responsible for ensuring that our customer’s journey is seamless across all of our platforms and designed and executed to high standards. Focusing heavily on UX & Digital Design, the teams are currently split across our three offices in London, Porto and Lisbon. Working across 3 main verticals, Front Office, Backoffice, and Mobile, they have helped to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure they’re always at the forefront of the latest technology, even creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch; they truly demonstrate our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value in everything they do.
We are looking for a Product Owner for our Communications domain.
Customer communications are central to the Farfetch experience, and this domain is responsible for facilitating effective and inspiring ways to reach out to our customers. “Right Time, Right Channel and Right Message” is the motto for this area; we want to rapidly accelerate our efforts in tailored communications to help us to build long-lasting relationships with our customers.
You will play a key role in defining, building and scaling the platform on which we manage customer communications. You should have extensive knowledge of the digital communications landscape and retention, as well as an eye on new developments and future technologies that will revolutionise the ways we speak to our users. We want to push boundaries to give our customers an unparalleled experience, and ensure we are their first port of call for shopping.
You will collaborate with highly skilled engineers, business experts and others in a fast moving, multi-disciplinary environment.
Above all you will have a hand on building the next level platform for the fashion luxury industry.
What you’ll do:
- Build a thorough understanding of our customer needs and business challenges, working closely with marketing, customer services and our Black and White division to build a Communications roadmap that drives our key results
- Own and evolve our product vision for multi-channel, personalised communications
- Focus on scalable solutions that drive value to our business while controlling costs
- Work closely with Front-Office Product Owners to understand requirements that will drive the end-user experience
- Rely on data driven techniques to present and secure approval from senior management and other key stakeholders, as necessary
- Champion the needs of business teams and stakeholders throughout the development process, ensure that what is delivered meets the original goals
- Develop tools and explore integrations that provide stakeholders with self-service solutions while minimizing impact on the development team
- Work very closely, in an agile environment, with the engineering team during the entire product lifecycle where you will be independent to manage and launch work items
- Ruthlessly prioritise
Who you are:
- Extensive experience working with CRM teams and systems
- Deep understanding of the communications landscape, third party providers and market trends for CRM
- Product management background, comfortable working at a technical level
- Experience with third party integrations
- Deep understanding of consumer internet products, marketing, and customer lifecycle to analyze growth opportunities and develop impactful strategies
- A professional with excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Experience with or understanding of the luxury fashion customer is highly desired
- Highly creative and someone who brings new ideas on how to do things better
- Adaptable to a very fast paced and consistently growing and changing environment
- A professional with excellent communication skills (English is mandatory) and solid interpersonal skills in a multicultural and cross functional network
- Experienced in working in an agile environment is a plus
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
• Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
• Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees.
Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.