Data Scientist - Ranks
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join Farfetch in building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and state of the art Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Information Retrieval and Natural Language Processing algorithms.
You will join a talented team of Data Scientists and Engineers working on the ranking ecosystem which serves, daily, millions of optimized listing pages to customers everywhere in the world. You will help idealize, plan and deliver intelligent algorithms, at scale, while working closely with product, business and tech to meet ambitious goals.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and develop state of the art algorithms in one of these domains: Ranking, Natural Language Processing or Computer Vision with focus on Search & Discovery.
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate machine learning (ML) algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in the product, and innovation inside the company;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged.
WHO YOU ARE
- MSc or PhD in related topics such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Speech Processing or Optimization;
- Fluent in Python and Data Science & ML packages (Pandas, nltk, spacy, scikit-learn, keras, TensorFlow);
- Good understanding of Information Retrieval, Learning to Rank (e.g., RankNet, ListNet, lambdaMART), algorithm performance metrics (e.g., NDCG);
- A strong English communicator (both written and spoken);
- Be interested to keep up to date with scientific advancements.