Ad Product Specialist
This role will sit between our sales, delivery and development teams; all projects owned by this team will result in smooth implementation of new ad formats and drive the revenue opportunities our sales team can sell.
About the department:
Consisting of more than 100 people split across 10 teams, we look after both digital and brand marketing. We're a team of experts across Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science, Media Solutions, Editorial, Online Communications, PR & Brand Events and Creative.
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
What you’ll do:
- You will work with the Sales Director to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them with product positioning, key benefits, and target customer
- You will serve as the internal evangelist for Farfetch advertising products, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers
- You will create the quarterly product development cycle, which creates and presents the sales teams with new opportunities to sell that are fully scoped for delivery and smoothly executed on all platforms
- You will manage the feature releases, from specs to production, including creating product specs, communicating tech requirements to the development team, communicating release date/schedule info to the team, and writing product documentation
- You will handle market feedback from sales and product marketing, and translate into actionable feature requests where appropriate
- You will evaluate feature requests, and convert a feature request into a product spec where appropriate
- You will work with the Engineering and Project Management teams to define product release requirements
- You will manage the technical specs for all products, and communicating with planning and brand partnerships teams when specs are added or changed
Who you are:
- You have proven experience in Product Management (or equivalent role that straddles both technology and business functions)
- You have experience in the online advertising space. Ideally specialties in one or more of the following are highly desirable: Ad Serving, Ad Ops and Ad Exchange processes; Audience-based Targeting and Optimization; Insights, Reporting and Analytics
- You have a strong customer focus, with a track record of using customer insights to shape product strategy and drive detailed trade-offs over the product lifecycle
- You are adept at analysing competitive and adjacent products and using those insights to improve the product and anticipate competitive threats before they happen
- You are able to prioritize competing opportunities, balance market needs with business priorities, manage conflict, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- You are a strategic thinker; can manage long-term and cross-product issues
- You have proven experience at managing projects from start to finish & highly organised
- You are successful at creating wider business buy-in and influencing at all levels
- You are energetic, passionate and driven and enjoy working with leading edge solutions and being at the forefront of ad technology platforms
- You are passionate about developing a career within ad product specialities
- You are always extremely proactive and enjoys building professional relationships at all levels
- You pay attention to detail at all times, able to manage the impact of projects on other stakeholders and ensure buy-in from all parties
- You are able to plan effectively and work to optimize ad delivery on all platforms
- You are able to communicate effectively with clients (internal and external)
- You have knowledge of established ad serving software and ad booking systems
- You have excellent time management and prioritisation skills, able to work effectively under pressure Passion for the luxury fashion and understanding of the industry landscape
- You have excellent communication skills and enjoy interacting with customers and delivering excellent customer excellence
- You are extremely process driven, with a commercial, sales driven approach
- You are able to achieve results through influence and problem solving
- You have a flexible attitude and positive approach to change
- You are self-motivated
- You are a great team player
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.