Senior Product Owner - E-Commerce Analytics
Farfetch has more supply and demand data than anyone else does in the luxury fashion industry. The mission of this new business unit will be to turn that data into strategic commercial insights, providing advice and recommendations for luxury brands and other potential customer groups through the development of a disruptive insights product complemented with consulting services.
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join the new Fabric team, help commercialize our expertise in luxury fashion e-commerce analytics, and be part of the foundations of this exciting new business. We’re looking for someone who wants to help build a new product (and business) from scratch. This is a startup so whilst you will be expected to work with senior stakeholders to define the product vision and roadmap, you will also need to be really hands on at times.
This is a rare opportunity to join a new startup within Farfetch right at the beginning of its journey with significant support from and exposure to the Farfetch board. This is a high profile, high impact role.
You will collaborate with highly skilled engineers, business experts, marketing, and others in a fast moving, multi-disciplinary environment. You will learn about who the Fabric customers are and shape an analytics proposition and experience for them, which is insightful and instrumental to their business’ success. You will be responsible for defining the stages of prototype and launch, the associated timelines and then managing build throughout each stage.
What you’ll do:
- You will define the vision/ambition for the core Fabric luxury fashion e-commerce analytics product
- You will identify the set of users and lay out clear user cases to inform design
- You will collaborate with designers to shape the UX/UI
- You will oversee a cross-functional team to develop analytics functionality and visualisation
- You will translate this vision and design into clear requirements for the Engineering team
- You will distil the vision to the Engineering team so that all team members embrace the vision
- Champion a test and learn approach to developing the product, building from simple prototypes through to core and advanced final products
- You will define and assess commercialization opportunities and optimize product to achieve these
- You will define and track metrics to measure product effectiveness and identify the leading indicators that prove we are meeting our desired outcomes
- You will lead and manage the creation and maintenance of the roadmaps for the Engineering team and understand how the team can achieve its goals
- You will clearly communicate product plans, benefits and results, as appropriate, to a spectrum of audiences, from internal stakeholders to all employees
- You will take a full Todos Juntos approach and work closely with key stakeholders including Development, Design, Marketing, Merchandising, and other cross-functional teams to deliver the platform and experiences in support of this strategy
- You will build a product that customers will love!
Who you are:
- You are a User Champion
- You have a background in Product Management and Ownership are experienced in managing delivery and discovery teams
- You have inspired teams of Engineers to deliver on revolutionary projects
- You have had to form and articulate a clear product vision from a few nascent ideas
- You can imagine and understand what analytical insights fashion Execs want and value
- You are confident/credible in front of senior executives, and able to collaborate effectively
- You have worked on Business Intelligence products or Insight Tools before
- You have deep understanding of the competitive landscape for Business Insight products
- You are forward-thinking and use to envisioning revolutionary products
- You have experience of working in a start-up and high-growth environment and are comfortable with often high levels of ambiguity and pace
- You have experience working in large scale organizations with a global customer reach
- You have experience in creating a product from scratch and bringing it to market
- You have had sole product ownership and taken something from genesis to launch before
- You have had at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Ideally, albeit not critical, you have interest or experience in the Fashion industry
We can’t wait to receive your application but before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.