Engineering Team Lead - Architecture Group
As an Engineering Lead in the architecture group, you will be responsible for leading and developing a team that provides foundation services/frameworks to be used by other engineering teams, working alongside architects to discover new ways to improve our world-class e-commerce platform’s underlying technology.
If you are ready to embrace exciting new challenges, continuously gather and share new knowledge, if you are a natural people leader and have the desire to build and grow an outstanding team, we want to hear from you.
What you'll do
Lead a multidisciplinary agile team of engineers with willing to bring the best product to the company by:
- Setting goals and development targets for the Engineers within the managed team and support the team with feedback and development plans as they progress;
- Engaging with the architects, engineering teams and business into building a backlog that continuously contributes to the execution of the roadmap;
- Contributing to the hiring, training and development plan for engineers within the managed team;
- Assuring the collaboration of managed team across different engineering teams/offices and adherence to the defined global engineering best practices and processes.
- Engaging new technologies by researching and identified the adoption into the Farfetch Platform.
Who you are
- A professional experience as a developer engineer;
- A professional with proven solid technical background leading multi-disciplinary engineering teams towards goal achievement;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with a solid understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement, using Agile methodologies;
- An excellent team worker with great communication skills;
- A problem solver and proactive;
- Able to easily build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organization.
- As a plus you are capable to act as a technical reference and evangelist for the use of state-of-the-art technologies and methodologies such as:
- C# or similar object-oriented programming language;
- Best practices, methodologies and design patterns for writing applications;
- SOA and service communication using RESTful APIs;
- Unit testing frameworks;
- Large-scale distributed applications;
- Authentication and Authorisation protocols
- Apache Cassandra or similar
- Apache Kafka or similar