Commercial IP Legal Counsel
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. We have offices in London, New York, Los Angeles, Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Moscow, Sao Paulo, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Shanghai.
We’re a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers, day to day.
Our open plan offices are set in the heart of the digital district in London. We offer free fruit, free breakfasts, wine time Friday and a chance to work with an inspirational and high performing team!!
About the role:
The legal team at Farfetch is continuing to grow in order to support the Group now and through the next phase of its ambitious plans. Reporting directly to the Principal Legal Counsel (Commercial/IP), you will enjoy an extremely broad role, delivering high quality legal advice and services across multiple operational territories in conjunction with our wider international legal team sitting in Porto, Moscow and Shanghai.
The role requires someone who is hands on and commercially minded, with a strong professional ethic and the energy, interest and training to pursue a broad array of commercial, IP, legal and risk/reputation management matters. This is a role with great potential for the right candidate to quickly grow their level of experience, responsibility and autonomy..
What You’ll do:
- Drafting and negotiating a broad range of commercial contracts including SaaS agreements, software development agreements, media content/subscription agreements, logistics agreements, talent agreements, partnership agreements, sponsorship agreements, event agreements, NDAs and digital marketing agreements across the group, including for the “Store of the Future” and “Black & White” Farfetch business divisions and for Browns.
- Working with the Legal Counsel (IP/Commercial) to maintain and update template agreements and group IP policies.
- Supporting the Legal Counsel (IP/Commercial) with all IP matters (contentious and non-contentious) across the globe, including implementing Farfetch’s brand protection strategy.
- Working directly with the Marketing teams (offline/online) in relation to their marketing initiatives and projects.
- Supporting the integration of acquired businesses into the Farfetch group.
- Managing and working with external counsel and trade mark agents as appropriate.
- Supporting the business on ancillary matters such as ad hoc project work related to the ongoing growth of the business.
Who You Are:
- This is a highly visible and exciting role in a growing and dynamic team. This role will be ideal for a junior commercial/IT/IP lawyer looking to branch out in-house into a more business focused role.
- You will likely:
- Be an English law qualified lawyer with 0-2 years’ PQE as a commercial/IT/IP lawyer. Some data protection knowledge would be beneficial.
- Have excellent private practice training and hands-on experience from a top tier law firm.
- Have some prior in-house exposure, perhaps in the form of a client secondment.
- Possess excellent communication, negotiating and drafting skills.
- Proven ability to deliver commercial and pragmatic solutions and concise advice
- Have a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Be passionate about fast moving consumer-led technology businesses.
- Be driven, forward thinking, robust, innovative and agile, with commercial acumen.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.