Senior Data Scientist - Ranks
Farfetch is building the next-generation intelligent platform for online luxury fashion, powered by large-scale data and state of the art Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Computer Vision algorithms. You will join a talented team of Data Scientists, Engineers and Product designers to help build and optimize, through research and experimentation, our data-driven products.
What you will do
- Design and develop state of the art algorithms in one of these domains: Ranking, Natural Language Processing or Computer Vision;
- Conduct practical research with a scientific mindset, and a focus on delivery;
- Build large scale data pipelines;
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate ML algorithms into the platform;
- Help in the design of new features in the product, and drive innovation inside the company through the use of disruptive technologies.
Who you are
- MSc or PhD in related topics such as Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, Signal Processing, Speech Processing or Optimization;
- We encourage applications also with background from the fields in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Statistics, Applied Mathematics;
- Knowledge in one of the following subjects:
- Word Embeddings (e.g., GloVe, Word2Vec), Named Entity Recognition models;
- Information Retrieval, Learning to Rank (e.g., RankNet, ListNet), algorithm performance metrics (e.g., NDCG);
- Convolutional Neural Networks (e.g., InceptionV3, RetinaNet), Image Segmentation (e.g., SLIC, Saliency Maps, SuperVoxel), AutoEncoders, GANs;
- Fluent in Python and common numerical and Math & ML packages (NumPy, SciPy, sci-kit-learn, pandas, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch). R candidates are also encouraged to apply;
- Experience dealing with large amounts of data and building data pipelines;
- Knowledge of big data technologies is a plus (Hadoop, Spark, Hive);
- Non-relational databases (e.g., Cassandra) and streaming platforms know-how (e.g., Kafka) is a plus;
- Strong English skills, both written and spoken;
- Scientific and technical publications are possible and encouraged; Applicant should be interested to keep up to date with scientific advancements.