Senior Translator (Swedish)
About the role:
You will join a progressive and innovative Content team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. You’ll focus on creating & translating ‘revolutionary’ content, and will work across the many departments to support with localization and translation for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be required to lead & create well-written, succinct and accurate translations across a wide variety of content types; from product descriptions & landing pages, through to webtext, flat content & marketing copy.
You will have significant experience working in an environment, which is fast-paced, and deadline driven. Ideally, this would have been within a translation role, but a creative copywriter or a linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What you’ll do:
- You will be leading the translation of product description content from English into Swedish
- You will be translating marketing, UX & functional content for the Swedish website
- You will be the in-house tone of voice guardian for Swedish, guaranteeing the site reflects our brand.
- You will work with a translation memory and an external vendor to integrate 3rd party translations
Who you are
- You have fluency in Swedish (native level) and English
- You have knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- You have a good writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- You have a strong understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You have the ability to work independently
- You have the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
- You are familiar with tier 1 translation tools and the best translation memory solutions.
Non-essential but desirable
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
- You have experience with working in localization projects for e-commerce website, preferably luxury fashion retail
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.