Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion-dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, São Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across offices in London, Porto, Lisbon, São Paulo and others, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
We are looking for thoughtful, well-rounded Android engineers to join our team and help build an application that millions of people use every day to discover and buy luxury products. You will work implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces. Above all, your work will impact the way the world buy luxury.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with a small, autonomous team of developers, designers, and product owners to find end-to-end solutions to important problems
- Implement these solutions for our Android client, adhering to Android development best practices
- Help your team solve problems in a way that makes sense for Android users and our codebase
- Join dozens of other developers and help to shape the direction of Android development at Farfetch
- Be fully committed to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment;
- Work closely with other Product Development teams to improve consistency and timing of releases;
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology.
Who you are:
- You have a deep understanding of the modern Android development
- You know how to write readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java/Kotlin
- You are experienced with Android development tools
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code
- You have released at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about
- Knowledgeable about REST API architecture;
- Understanding of client side development as well as the API backend stack;
- Detail oriented and have excellent teamwork skills;
- Energetic, creative and fun to work with;