UX Research Lead
The UX Research team at Farfetch are roughly 15 Professionals from different backgrounds and with different Research superpowers, distributed and growing in Porto, Lisbon, and London.
We empower our internal teams to serve Farfetch consumers on the shopping side best (Consumer Research team) as well as the Professionals in the Fashion Boutiques and for Brands around the world selling on Farfetch (Partner Research team).
You will lead and shape Partner Research in Porto, our largest Farfetch office, building strong stakeholder relationships there, educating and advocating for UX Research.
You will also be conducting your own, strategic research and coaching 2 other UX Researchers, helping them deliver high-quality and high-impact research and grow their craft.
You work directly with the Manager of Partner Research to shape and define research needs across strategic and tactical priorities.
What you'll do
- Champion Research across the Org and disciplines (e.g. Partner Operations, Product Management and UX Design), to ensure awareness of and visibility on research insights.
- Proactively seek out, build, and nurture trusting stakeholder relationships across various departments.
- Educate stakeholders about and advocate for UX Research and thus creating opportunities for the UX Research team in the Porto office.
- Conduct complex research projects of your own, proactively identifying research questions that go beyond what teams ask for, help driving their long-term strategy.
- Line manage, support and coach more junior UX Researchers and provide functional and technical direction to them.
- Manage the priority of research projects in Porto and ensure the team there delivers impactful and high-quality research.
Who you are:
- Passionate about researching the business side of the Farfetch platform and helping small businesses and enterprise to thrive on Farfetch. Ideally, you are already experienced in the world of B2B and researching complex technical systems.
- Very experienced and senior UX researcher with a strong portfolio in a wide range of qual and quant methods and in exploratory, generative and evaluative research. Comfortable identifying research needs that are not yet considered by the business and effective in rallying the teams behind them. Excels in combining data from different sources and translating it into deep, meaningful and actionable insights.
- Seasoned UX researcher with +5y of experience in advocating for and setting up UX Research in different commercial environments. Experienced in navigating big organisations.
- Effective in seeking out, building and maintaining strong and trusting relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Effective and compelling communicator of everything Research. Convincing advocate for UX Research too. Comfortable delivering research findings and narratives to Sr. Leads and Sr. managers.
- Thrives to support others and help them grow. You are experienced in coaching and mentoring other UX Researchers. Ideally, you have line managed people already.
- Self-sufficient and creative thinker, problem-solver who can work independently
- Strong commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Eager to learn, always, as well as to teach and to share your experience and wisdom with others happily and freely.
- You thrive in an agile, ever-changing, and demanding environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Comfortable working with remote peers on a consistent basis.
- Excellent English, verbally and written. Full professional fluency in Portuguese, in addition, is a big plus.