We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do- they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionizing the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed to turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
We are looking for a Software Engineer who is motivated to build world-class applications using top notch technology. You will be working in a very friendly and relaxed environment and be part of a well-motivated, talented and growing team. If you love to learn, if you are willing to share knowledge and would love to be part of the building process to reach the top, using the latest technology stack and having fun doing it, this is an opportunity you can’t miss.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the development of our E-Commerce Platform and the evolution of our Marketplace;
- Stay up to speed with all backend and web technologies, software architecture principles and design patterns;
- Apply your knowledge on performance and security measures;
- Being able to work in an Agile environment, focusing on delivery/commitment and software continuous improvement.
- Work with the following technologies: Apache Cassandra, Neo4j, Redis, MongoDB, Asp.net Core, Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Identity Server, OpenID Connect.
Who you are:
- An experienced object oriented languages programmer
- Knowledgeable of unit tests and/or integration tests
- Knowledgeable of SQL language and experience using relational databases with preference for SQL Server
- Knowledgeable of REST APIs
- Experienced in NoSQL databases and SOA architecture is a plus;
- A professional with experience working with SCRUM methodologies is also a plus
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships