Arabic Content Sub Editor
About the role:
You will join a progressive and innovative Content Production team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. You’ll focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localizing and translating content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be responsible for transcreating all written content for our Arabic customers, as well as proofing and reworking existing flat content and web text.
You will have some experience working in an environment, which is fast-paced, and deadline driven. Ideally, this would have been within a translation, copywriting and editorial roles or a linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What you’ll do:
- You will sub-edit Arabic copy, localising our English editorial for our Arabic customers
- You will be translating and reviewing product descriptions from English into Arabic
- You’ll assist in Style Guide and Tone of Voice development
- You will be correcting defects of product descriptions and other localized content
- You will be reviewing Arabic website content and communications to ensure all content reaches the necessary high standards, whilst also retaining our distinct Farfetch voice
- You will be copywriting and transcreating editorial features and content
- You’ll assist in glossary input and Translation Repository enhancements
Who you are
- You have fluency in Arabic (native level) and English
- You have knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- You have an engaging, accurate and adaptable writing style, with impeccable grammar
- You are familiar with UAE, KSA, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain or Lebanese dialects
- You'll be aware of designers, brands, styles, culture and trends for MENA demographics
- You have a strong understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You have meticulous attention to details
- You have the ability to work independently and collaborate
- You have the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
Non-essential but desirable
- You are comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
- You have experience within luxury fashion in editorial magazines or blogs
- You have experience with Term-Management and CAT tools
- You have experience with working in localization projects for e-commerce website, preferably luxury fashion retail
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.