About the department:
We're a creative family that works closely together to make sure our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing. We have teams who make sure customers have an engaging, seamless and luxurious experience. We're focused on continuous improvements and like to encourage everyone to make the most of their talents and contribute ideas.
About the role:
FOR THE MOST CREATIVE THINKERS IN FASHION.
Farfetch is enterprising in its vast and unique fashion proposition. It is therefore essential that the product imagery is reflective of our USP and is a key driver in raising the fashion credibility of the site. In order to achieve this the Styling specialist will be a pivotal driving force; working to consistently elevate the style content of the images and produce inspirational ‘market leader’ product shots on a model.
What You’ll do:
- Senior Stylist is accountable for creating and executing strong and experienced level of styling across menswear/womenswear imagery for the website;
- Ensuring a high level of research, presenting looks to the Deputy Styling Editors and Studio Manager before going on set;
- Support and offers guidance to the in-house styling team; coaching and supporting more junior members and being a mature member within the team. Across both on and off set duties;
- Increase quality of styling - through strong research, styling and execution on set adhering to house standards, brands knowledge and ability as a stylist;
- Support in decreasing the level of styling reshoots to 0.5% this season;
- Ensure individual KPI’s and targets are established and met;
- Ensure that Production processes are respected;
- Outlining any potential styling needs to manager and individual performance; Provide feedback on own work, reshoots and areas of improvement;
- Supporting on Brand launches, capsule collections & maintenance of strong quality output;
- Working within the processes of the production studio; problem solving areas and sharing ideas to test to better current processes;
- Aligned with current styling goals for the season and focused guidance around these;
- Supporting Live Model Studios Manager, Deputy Editors and EU Styling Editor on quality output;
- Excellent ability and knowledge of proportions, silhouettes, Brand DNA, shoe choice and overall execution of a look;
- Excellent collaborator with strong ability to drive an on-set team, working within a Photographer, Size& Fit and Assistant team daily. Direct models accurately and ensure USP of product is captured;
- Act as a positive ambassador in times of company change and growth;
- Contribute to creative projects within the studio and at peer level.
Who You Are:
- Ambitious, passionate and driven with an impeccable work ethic;
- Inspiring and motivational within a team;
- Professional mind set and a team player;
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of menswear or womenswear trends, designers’ brands and the luxury fashion market;
- 4-6 years proven styling experience within menswear/womenswear editorial, personnel shopping, visual merchandising, retail and or e-commerce experiences;
- Confident, authoritative presence capable of supporting teams to execute delivery of quality;
- Ability to give constructive feedback to explain further to more junior members;
- Extensive and autonomous styling ability – across a range of categories;
- Have a specialist or advanced area of styling – for example fine watches, fine jewellery or suiting;
- Ability to commercially translate product with the luxury customer in mind;
- Proactive approach to driving changes within limited time frames;
- Understanding of a production chain and importance KPI’s;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and re-prioritise according to business requirements;
- Strong level of English.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.