Pricing Strategy Analyst – China
We're a team of experts across Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science, Advertising Sales, Editorial, Online Communications, PR & Brand Events and Creative. Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
Due to our continuous growth, we are looking for a Pricing Analyst to join our team. You will be contributing to strategic decision making / trading actions fueled by analysis, forecasting and measuring pricing performance, including benchmarking competitors and working closely with other analysts, the data science team as well as relevant business stakeholders.
This position requires a highly numerate person who is excited to identify actionable insights that will help us redefine our pricing model.
This role has a 25-50% focus on the China region, which represents key markets where Farfetch seeks to grow its focus. The ideal candidate should have a strong interest / experience in the Chinese / HK / Asian markets and ideally language capabilities.
What You’ll do:
- You will take vast amounts of data in raw formats and translate into digestible insights
- You will gain buy-in and understanding from product owners and business managers
- You will work with website analytical tools such as Google Analytics and others as necessary
- You will ensure the accuracy of data and reports to ensure the highest quality of standards
- You will work with the development team to scope out and implement new reports and tools
- You will collaborate with the China team to ensure our strategy achieves sales targets
Who You Are:
- You have excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- You are experienced in pricing analysis and the ecommerce/digital space
- You have technical knowledge of how to analyse / measure the financial and commercial impact of price
- You are interested in understanding a highly complex pricing model and keen to make a sizable impact on the business through recommendations
- You are experienced using Excel and SQL. Experience with Tableau would also be a plus
- You have a degree with a strong focus on economics, business, statistics and/or data mining, the successful candidate will likely have an advanced degree in this area
- You are highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- You have a working understanding of Web analysis tools such as Google Analytics etc
- You have a working knowledge of BI, data warehousing etc.
- You are flexible, approachable attitude with good problem solving skills
- You are commercially focused and driven with the ability to work towards metrics and targets
- You are able to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have an understanding of the Chinese market, fashion and /or luxury fashion in a retail environment is a bonus
- Mandarin / Cantonese language capabilities is a huge plus however, not essential.
This candidate will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and will be responsible for both strategy as well as execution. This role is ideal for anyone who is highly self-motivated and passionate about data analysis, insights and customer behaviour.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.