Product Design Team Lead- Consumer
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
As a Lead in the Consumer team, you'll help raise the product experience and our design approach to whole new levels. You’ll directly line-manage a small team of product designers. You’ll be a leader and enabler, drawing upon your own experience to guide key projects and individuals to success. You’ll provide support, mentoring, advice and space as appropriate. You want to help others grow and do great things.
High level project briefs and time frames will be handed to you – from which you and your team must set about the task of determining an evidence-based, collaborative and lean approach to achieving our user and business goals.
You’ll look after your team and enrich the wider Product Design team capabilities, culture and social activities. You’ll be responsible for recruiting for your team, onboarding and helping people grow. You’re a problem solver, a diplomat and genuinely nice person.
You’ll establish positive and effective relationships with product owners, UI developers and engineers. You’ll encourage and facilitate a highly collaborative and progressive approach that facilitates fast learning and effective design solutions.
What you’ll do:
- You will have a largely hands-off line manager for a small team of product designers ranging from junior to senior
- You will have Various line management responsibilities such as regular 1:1s, annual performance reviews, mentoring, status reporting to Consumer Product Design Manager
- You will Sync and align across the wider design team as required
- You will lead by example – setting a high bar for your team and taking responsibility for their output
- You will help sustain, innovate and enrich how Consumer Product Design works and therefore extend the impact we have
- You will work collaboratively within an agile process with; other UX designers, digital designers, product owners, project managers, UI and back end developers
- You will deﬁne and communicate the UX direction using appropriate tools and deliverables to describe intent
- You will champion user experience and advocate the best design for our end users
- Bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team
Who you are:
- You have ideally, 8+ years’ experience as a digital product designer and ideally including experience as a line manager
- You are able to demonstrate the process and outcome of the evidence-based approach that you’ve employed on previous projects
- You are highly collaborative
- You will have BA/BSc/MA in HCI, Information Systems, Computer Science, Graphic Design or similar preferred
- You will have experience working in fashion, e-commerce and/or a digital creative agency a plus
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices when required
- You will be curious about how things work and have a passion for emerging technologies and all things interactive.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.