We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 2,200 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
We're a truly global team with a presence in all of our locations around the world. Our biggest teams are based in the UK and Portugal. Our team, in Porto, focuses on Financial Reporting and Financial Planning and Analysis, while the Group Finance team in London is made up of Tax, Legal, Treasury and Financial Planning and Analysis.
All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping us to telling our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
This is an exciting new role for a strong data analyst to work with the Financial Planning Manager embracing sales and gross profit forecasts to support the continued evolution of planning accuracy and scenario analysis. You will be responsible for digging into great granularity on each area to supporting decision making and the development of our strategy of gross profit going forwards. All in a fast-paced, high energy and collaborative environment
You´ll be responsible to improve topline and gross profit predictability through financial modelling, which is critical to enhance the understanding of the business and improve decision-making.
What You’ll do:
- Take vast amounts of data in raw formats and identify key insights to reach better solutions for financial modelling, working closely with different teams in the company;
- Create and deliver monthly reports, highlighting discrepancies and risks against the plan, identifying the reasons and providing recommendations to get back on track;
- Ensure the main deliverables on time along the budget and reforecast processes, contributing for the alignment of all stakeholders involved;
- Serving as liaison between FP&A and business end-users to provide analyses and reporting to support business decisions, dealing with ad-hoc requests;
- Work close with accounting and IT Finance Systems teams to guarantee accurate and timely data and exploit opportunities to improve the quality and automation of the reports;
- Support the financial manager with new projects as they arise, trade-offs analysis and scenarios simulation, collecting and processing data, proactively providing meaningful analysis and exploiting trends.
Who you are:
- University degreed, with a strong analytical focus. The successful candidate will likely have a degree in Economics, Maths, Management, Engineering or any other related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experienced (mandatory) as data analyst or controller in a multinational company (preferential) ;
- Have strong knowledge on SQL and experience with BI, data warehousing and data visualization tools (Tableau, looker, …);
- An expert in Excel (power pivot and VBA knowledge will be valued);
- Able to operate in ambiguous and changing situations to meet deadlines;
- Able to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment, with competing deadlines and ability to deal with the stress;
- Have strong analytical skills, data based decision making mind-set and detail oriented;
- Dynamic, with high sense of responsibility and a problem-solver;
- A strong team player with the ability to interact with those outside of the Finance teams to deliver preferred outcomes;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken(mandatory).
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.