Customer Excellence Instructional Designer
Who we are
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops.
To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream.
We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it.
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
WE´RE DRIVING PARTNER´S JOURNEY WHILE PROVIDING A SEAMLESS AND SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS EXPERIENCE.
We´re at the starting point of partner´s journey playing a unique role while: being the connection with all our operational teams; guiding partners day to day and delivering excellent service levels. Establishing long lasting relationships with partners is at the core of our team. Expertise and trust is how we want them to know us. We bring partners voice to the business while supporting them in achieving their goals. As a team, we came a long way since we started 3 years ago, we grew to around 70 people being the biggest team based in Portugal followed by the US one. Our teams also work across our innovative FF.com and Black&White platforms providing partners end-to-end, multichannel e-commerce solutions.
You will be responsible for identifying training needs and creating training content and materials accordingly, for both new hires and continuous training. You will also be responsible for designing all the training activities to support the learning process according to all learning styles and pedagogical methods. Your role will be crucial to innovate the way training is developed and delivered at Farfetch, contributing directly to the excellence of our services.
What you'll do:
- Identify training and development needs and opportunities for the team;
- Create training objectives and content that matches them;
- Design the curriculum with support materials and activities for new hires and continuous training, including evaluation methods;
- Ensure that the curriculum is effective for an international audience, a wide variety of learners and levels, as well as simple and complex material;
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to curate the most relevant content to address needs and validate learning decisions with the business and people team stakeholders;
- Ensure all relevant training materials and updates are in line with internal guidelines and policies;
- Ensure all training materials are up to date and in line with the operational changes and updates;
- Conduct continuous research on innovative training design, platforms, pedagogical and gamification techniques
Who you are:
- A professional with +2 years of experience as Instructional Designer;
- Experienced in e-learning content design;
- Excellent communicator with good relational skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Highly organized;
- Able to multi-task in time-sensitive situations;
- Experienced working with an international company with multiple stakeholders;
- Flexible with schedules; must be available to work possible evenings, weekends and holidays when needed by global team.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.