Product Owner - SEO
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Product team is responsible for ensuring that our customer’s journey is seamless across all of our platforms and designed and executed to high standards. Focusing heavily on UX & Digital Design, the teams are currently split across our three offices in London, Porto and Lisbon. Working across 3 main verticals, Front Office, Backoffice, and Mobile, they have helped to create the iconic ‘Farfetch’ look and feel. They’re true ambassadors of our business and ensure they’re always at the forefront of the latest technology, even creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch; they truly demonstrate our ‘Be Revolutionary’ value in everything they do.
Owning the SEO product at Farfetch makes you responsible for championing of one our biggest growth areas, maintaining and exceeding our impressive year on year growth. The job requires you to be obsessive about SEO compliance and optimisation throughout the Product experience, always keeping a sharp eye on tailoring the experience for all visitors arriving from the organic channel. Fundamentally you will be creating solutions that enable Farfetch to increase the quantity and quality of traffic coming from the organic stream while using data to understand the SEO gauge moves.
What You’ll do:
- Build a roadmap for SEO and deliver it with a team of software wizards [across multiple Cross-Cluster development teams)
- Work with the Marketing team stakeholders to understand SEO opportunities and problems to solve
- Make your vision flow across the stakeholders within our marketing team
- Evangelize the importance SEO and ensure presence in all areas of our product
- Work with a cross functional product team of UX, designers and analysts
- Keep updated knowledge of the SEO trends and deliver innovation to our product
- Be obsessive about building a data solution that can give insights on the SEO numbers.
- OKR management & tracking, ensuring alignment across the cluster, cross-domain and the broader company
Who You Are:
- Educated in Information Systems or similar
- Experienced as a product owner
- SEO champion with proven SEO knowledge
- Experienced working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level is a plus
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both in Portuguese and English
- Knowledgeable of the Scrum methodology is a plus
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.