From hiring stars for our fast-growing business, to providing our innovators with the opportunity to learn and develop their talents – we’re busy creating a ‘Happy People Revolution’ and a company that people dream of working for. The People Partnering team’s mission is to enable Farfetchers to do their jobs and be their best selves at work.
About the role:
As we continue to accelerate in growth, we’re looking for a People Advisor to be a trusted partner to the business. You’ll be responsible for creating a world class experience for our employees at all stages of the employee life cycle, providing timely and credible advice in line with policy, process and procedures. The role will also have an HR functional focus; contributing to, and leading on local projects, creating a culture where our people thrive.
You’ll be a proactive, progressive HR generalist, with solid experience in employee relations and providing first-class advice to the business. You’ll have worked in a fast-paced environment, have excellent relationship building skills, and an innovative and positive approach.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Business Partners in working with Managers to identify skills gaps and staffing needs. Assist on organisational design, talent mapping and talent development.
- Responsible for managing the on-boarding process for new joiners and providing continuous feedback to enhance the employee on-boarding experience
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to support attracting and selecting talent e.g. reviewing Job descriptions, supporting assessment days and joining the interview process
- Manage the immigration process for all applicable employees in your business population and partner with the Talent Acquisition team to facilitate the process from offer stage to on-boarding
- Responsible for creating and updating policies, templates and toolkits to support People processes e.g. promotions, salary review, bonuses, redundancy, mediation
- Provide quality and professional advice to employees on general queries and issues, in line with Company policy, process and procedure
- Manage employee relations cases e.g. performance, Family-friendly, absence, and partner with/escalate to the People Partner/Senior People Partner for more complex cases
- Be the first point of escalation for the People Coordinators, escalating to the People Partners if needed
- Lead local processes at employee level as per the People team calendar e.g. annual performance review process, career development plans, salary review etc
- Keep abreast of employment law and inform/update the wider partnering team, driving a continuous learning culture
- Coach line managers to hold (and facilitate where necessary) probation meetings, addressing any performance concerns promptly
- Contribute to, and lead on, local People projects and initiatives across various People and Business functions e.g. Compensation & Benefits, Learning & Development
- Lead on analysing and reporting UK People data, to provide insights and recommendations on improving processes, structures and how we can continue to improve our overall employee experience
- Manage the off-boarding experience, providing data-driven insight in to leaving trends and suggesting recommendations to retain our top talent
Who you are:
- Proven generalist HR experience in a fast-paced, high-growth or progressive environment (experience of Tech and/or Fashion sector would be an advantage)
- CIPD qualified or equivalent degree/qualification
- Experience in HR data systems and processes. Full working knowledge of Workday would be an advantage
- You thrive and have demonstrated success in an environment which offers ambiguously defined problems, big challenges, and quick changesExperience independently managing employee relations cases end to end
- Excellent knowledge of UK employment law and practices
- Proactive, with an ability to problem solve and understand issues in the context of the bigger picture and business impact
- Data driven, with an ability to translate analytics into insights and actions
- Clear, succinct and influential written and verbal communication skills
- Master of organisation with an ability to work to tight deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Proven project management experience on a wide range of projects scaling both local and global
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- An ambassador of change, with a dynamic approach to work