Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology.
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do - they help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across 3 main offices - London, Porto and Lisbon - the Tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints: Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
An exciting opportunity has come up in our Infrastructure team! As part of this team, you will be joining 500 other high-skilled Engineers by supporting and maintaining a huge platform of 2000+ servers! You will be in charge of the performance, integrity and security of all our databases.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure that data is clearly defined and remains consistent across the databases
- Work closely with development team to plan new applications and services and maintain currents ones
- Be responsible for planning, development and troubleshooting
- Assure that users and applications/services access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- Guarantee that there is provision for data security and recovery control (all data is retrievable in an emergency)
- Make sure that Database resources are used efficiently
Who you are:
- A graduate in Software Engineering or related field
- Knowledgeable in SQL Server, Apache Cassandra and/or Mongo DB is a plus
- Proficient in database performance tuning
- Knowledgeable of database security and information security policies
- Able to promote process improvement
- An individual with problem solving attitude and experience in working closely with development teams
- Cassandra replication strategies and geo-distributed clustering is a plus
- Familiar with Azure, AWS or other cloud solutions is preferred
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.