Senior Product Designer - Store of the Future
This role is for an experienced designer with a deep knowledge of working as a product designer within a multidisciplinary team (primarily design, engineering, and product management and external clients). You are expected to have an extensive knowledge of design methods and practices that will help your team understand and make sense of their customers’ needs and behaviours. You will have technical knowledge and interaction design to ensure that the experience our customers have when using our products is appropriate, effective and coherent.
As well as helping to shape and craft products and features with your product team, we want you to use your knowledge to help us systematically build and develop the capability and expertise across the entire design discipline. We look for designers who are interested in helping raise up and develop those around them, and who are able to approach work with a clear intent and then afterwards to reflect upon the effectiveness.
You’ll specialise in native web or mobile but have working experience of both, with a portfolio of examples which demonstrate your experience with end-to-end product design.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be working with your team (product managers, engineers, researchers, and others) in defining the problem space and desired customers outcomes. You will support the execution and development of strategy in your area based on the learning and explanations created by the teams.
- You will work with your teams and external client teams to understand and roadmap their learning and research design solutions for the period ahead.
- You will work on transforming the physical retail experience space through innovative products, platforms and brand partners
- You’ll help define a hierarchy of user needs for the design project (use cases, heuristics), making sure that when customers interact with your product the experience is coherent, effective and consistent with our brand.
- You’ll have a strong understanding of your area’s technology and use these to ensure product decisions are made within those constraints
- You’ll be able to help the team discover potential design routes by going broad and wide, creating innovations and prototypes to help the team build better products and features for our customers
Detailed interaction and product design
- Help the team understand solutions by working them through on paper or as visualisations.
- Use your knowledge and expertise of interaction design in very detailed microinteractions and also at task and flow level
- You will be able to support the team’s work with minimal oversight or support, whilst also supporting and coaching the work of less-experienced design team members within your area of influence, leveling up the outputs of everyone around you in your product area
Who you are:
- You have experience working within product teams as a designer including working knowledge of developing and working with full-stack design systems
- You have experience in designing, building and shipping quality hardware and / or software products including native platforms (iOS, Web)
- You understand how to select, develop and learn appropriate methods for rapid prototyping and when to apply them as tools to solve problems including proficiency in tools like Framer, Principle, Figma or others
- You are results focused and comfortable presenting concept visualizations through sketches, drawings, illustrations that are translatable to our products
- You have excellent collaboration and communication skills, as well as being able to navigate through ambiguity to constructively direct action within teams.
- As a plus, you have experience working within a platform business, Ecommerce online retail in B2B or B2C focused organisations