Account Operations Team Manager
Unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology
Position: Account Operations Team Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Benefits: Flexible opt-in benefits including 8 days’ holiday, birthday off, Farfetch/Browns Fashion site discounts, 401k, company equity, medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts + more.
Hours of work: As needs and operational demands may necessitate variations in starting and ending times, as well as variations in total hours that may be scheduled each day and week, your hours will be scheduled directly by your manager or supervisor.
About the department:
We're at the creative, cutting-edge of fashion. It's our job to source emerging boutiques and spot trends, as well as working with the world's biggest luxury brands. Our team consists of Buying & Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Brands Partnership, Business Development, Vendor Funding & Supply Strategy & Success.
We collaborate with almost every team across the business, which keeps things varied and exciting. From building relationships with brands and boutiques, to making sure that all of our products look beautiful on our site; we have a big part to play in everything we do.
About the role:
This role is responsible for leading a high-performing US Partner Services team in achieving operational excellence by ensuring the highest level of service is given to, and obtained from, our North American boutique partnerships across the United States and Canada. You will manage the US partners’ operational lifecycle and champion partner engagement allowing for the full potential of the partnership to be realized.
What you’ll do:
- You will collaborate with the Operations Manager on strategy/planning for the Partner Services team and translate it into a tactical and operational plan.
- You will implement the strategy and guidelines provided by the Operations Manager across the team.
- You will define the budget, manage, and control costs and resources for the team, together with the Operations Manager.
- You will provide direct support in specific cases/problems that require extensive expertise.
- You will identify and monitor activities’ metrics/KPIs and incident reports of release activities in order to find and implement potential efficiency improvements.
- You will monitor best practices and processes.
- You will communicate with other departments/teams to exchange critical information about Partner Services and/or Farfetch activities or management processes.
- You will coordinate special projects concerning specific expertise areas.
- You will proactively seek, maintain, and update information on business status, seasonal, and future plans to assess full service potential and further growth opportunities.
- You will manage and motivate the team, including but not limited to all related processes: performance reviews and assessment, salary recommendations, development and training, career and hiring.
- You will manage and measure the on-boarding, training, ramp-up time, operational success, and retention of the US Partners.
- You will define and approve team boutiques’ visits.
Who you are:
- You are an experienced manager with a minimum of six plus years in a commercial fashion/retail or e-commerce environment.
- You have proven experience in team management and leadership.
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Management, Economics, or equivalent.
- You are experienced working in a stock room, back of house in-store, or have handled operations or transfers.
- You are experienced in business-to-business relations and service.
- You are capable of multi-tasking and shifting focus as required with an excellent sense of prioritization and timing.
- You are organized, detail-oriented, and proactive with an aptitude for process optimization.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and are articulate both in verbal and written communication.
- You are a proficient user of IT systems, both customer service specific and MS Office.
- You are tech savvy with an understanding of integrations with retail POS systems.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.