Strategy Program Manager
You’ll be part of an innovative team to spot trends and work on different strategic projects to drive the overall objectives of the business.
You will join the Strategy Project Management Office (SPMO), a team whose focus is to help Farfetch achieve our long-term strategy through the successful management of our most strategic, cross functional, and high impact initiatives. Based in London and reporting to the Head of the Strategy PMO, you will have the opportunity to work in an incredibly cross functional role, helping to evolve and scale best practice project management capabilities across the business.
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of the Strategy PMO, you will be responsible for supporting world class project management best practices across the business. The Strategy Project Management Office was established in September of 2016 and has quickly grown to be one of the most cross-functional teams at Farfetch.
Your role will have two major areas of focus. The first is to support our long-term strategy by directly managing key projects within our strategic portfolio. The second is to help the Strategy PMO mature its capabilities and become a true Center of Project Management Excellence. In this way the role is extremely multi-faceted: you will be responsible for directly managing the end-to-end delivery of strategic projects as they surface, while also empowering fellow project managers by equipping them with the right tools and technology to successfully deliver their own functional area projects.
This position is expected to support the current project management methodology. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in managing highly cross functional strategic projects, conducting robust project business casing, tracking and reporting on financial project ROI, effectively communicating status across stakeholder groups, as well as delivering best practice project management training to all levels of the business.
What you’ll do:
Direct Project Management:
- Manage the complete lifecycle of strategic projects
- Manage 3rd parties and internal teams to deliver clearly defined and agreed project
- Provide necessary leadership, planning, communication and control activities within those
- teams to ensure timely project delivery
- Manage all risks and issues and escalate as appropriate
- Track and communicate progress through the prescribed project communication regime
- Ensure you possess ongoing understanding of relevant industry and technical knowledge,
- pertinent to the business
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure deliverables are fully-operable in terms of quality,
- usability, scalability, resilience and, where applicable, business continuity
Maturing the Capabilities of the Strategy PMO:
- Support the Head of the Strategy PMO in improvement of current processes, e.g. enhancing current tools and templates to better serve the business, proactively identifying areas of opportunity
- Implement robust business casing and financial ROI tracking across the strategic project portfolio
- Support the creation of a Project Management Training Academy for Farfetch: revising current training materials based on changing needs of the business, developing training modules around specific areas of project management (eg project business cases, stakeholder management, building project plans, etc)
- Provide strong change management capabilities by being an effective change agent within the business, possess strong communication and negotiation skills, ability to listen and adapt based on business needs
- Work with our HR team to elevate Project Management training through our Sharing
- Brilliance Learning & Development platform
- Provide ad-hoc support to project managers who may require it and perform additional duties supporting the Strategy PMO and its maturity as required
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in operation management, engineering management, systems & information management, project & organisational management or other related field preferred
- (3+) years of related project management experience working within a technology-centric or
- product oriented organisation
- Work experience in IT Strategy or Management consulting a plus
- Professional project management accreditation desirable (Prince2, Agile, PMI)
- Proven track record of creating robust project scorecards and business cases used to validate and prioritise initiatives, monitoring and reporting on the financial ROI of strategic projects
- Experience developing, building, and implementing training and educations programs across all levels of the organisation on project management best practices
- Confident working at senior levels, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in an often ambiguous and continuously changing environment, strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work autonomously on a wide array of project management topics
- Strong attention to detail and high standard for quality outputs
- Have an excellent teamwork style and flexible working style
- Possesses energy, drive and enthusiasm
- Highly proficient at Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MS Project, SharePoint)
- Have a strong customer ethos and keep the needs of internal/external customers in mind at
- all times
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.