Group Product Owner - Checkout
Multiple teams cover our customer's checkout experience, authentication/login, account creation, post-order experience (order history/tracking, returns). By working in this area, you will lead the product development of our checkout experience solely focused on giving our customers an amazing user experience during checkout and post purchase.
About the department:
We're responsible for creating meaningful, engaging, beautiful experiences that create emotional connections with our customers. We work hard to understand user needs, champion them and protect them throughout the product design process. We have three teams - one in London, one in Porto and one in Lisbon - and work in clusters across our suite of products including web, mobile and instore.
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
What you’ll do:
- You will lead/manage several teams to assure directional alignment with Strategy and high level Roadmap maintenance and execution
- You will define new missions and objectives for the Checkout experience area which are not only aligned with our Consumer Product Vision but will also revolutionise the way the teams work. You will deeply understand Farfetch Consumer Product vision and strategies, as well as define the mission and objectives of Checkout experience area.
- You will distil vision and strategy to your Product team in order to get all members of the cross-functional team to embrace it.
- You will lead and manage the creation and maintenance of the Roadmaps for the experience cluster. Understand how the team can achieve its goals, by leading the team to be able to identify opportunities, which will drive significant business impact.
- You will lead, support and coach product owners in the experience team to Be Brilliant and Think Global, you will re-enforce “impact-driven” and “customer-centric” values within the team. Challenge all members of the clusters to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, which will all help to Amaze Customers!
- You will want your Product Owners to succeed and become world class so will need to create strong People Development Programs, provide constant coaching/follow-up/ constructive feedback to ensure their personal growth.
- You will work with the Product marketing team, support the definition of and execution against product go-to-market plan and post-launch performance
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Information Systems, HCI or related field;
- You are experienced in Retail, Tech or E-Commerce companies
- You have consolidated experience in the Web Consumer Products area, with a strong knowledge of Customer Experience and Conversion Rate Optimization.
- You have proven track record in Leading/Managing several product teams towards a common goal
- You have consolidated experience working in large scale organizations on a multi-national level with a multi-cultural team
- You have excellent communication skills in English, being able to communicate at all levels in the organization (from the development team to the C-Level team)
- You are able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines
- You have a good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively
- An understanding of the luxury retail industry is a plus
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.