Project Manager - Data
Who we are
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
The Data Project Manager will have an exciting opportunity to help fuel Farfetch’s data-driven strategy, leading our Data Governance initiative. In this role, you will partner with executive-level business stakeholders to understand their key objectives, identify where data quality is critical to success, and then coordinate people and implement policies, standards, and processes that drive measurable value. The end goal is to ensure that the information that powers Farfetch enterprise is accurate, trustworthy and secure.
What You’ll do:
- Roll out the enterprise wide data governance initiative, with a focus on improvement data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Execute enterprise data governance strategies are in line with the Farfetch’s strategic plan and objectives;
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal data assets;
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and Technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning;
- Establish, communicates, and implement departmental plans, objectives, and strategies;
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements;
- Establish processes to continuously monitor data quality.
- Ensure processes are in place to proactively detect, correct, and prevent invalid data values.
Who You Are:
- Graduated in Information Systems or related field;
- A professional with 10+ Year of working experience with at least 5 years’ experience in Project Management on BI area;
- A professional with proven track record of successfully delivering and managing the implementation of large scale technical projects, related with BI, Data Governance, Data Management, Data Quality;
- Able to manage multiple projects/deadlines, identifying the necessary steps and moving forward through completion;
- Able to easily build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organization;
- Knowledgeable of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection;
- Have strong leadership, relationship building, and influencing skills, including the ability to work effectively across all levels of executive leadership and staff;
- A professional with a good attention to detail, an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively;
- Excellent communication skills, in English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization;
- Able to manage multiple tasks/priorities simultaneously, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines;
- Project Management certification (PMI; Prince 2) is a plus;
- Experience of implementing Data Governance strategy, processes and policies is a plus.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.