Commercial Finance Manager- Operations and Creative Operations
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we are continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 2,300 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
The Farfetch Finance team is rapidly expanding globally as we continue to drive exciting change across the business. The team mainly sits across the London and Porto offices and look after accountancy, FP&A, treasury, tax and corporate development. There is never a dull moment in Finance at Farfetch with the constant evolution of the business and high growth keeping us busy! It’s a very faced-paced, high energy and complex environment.
All of our teams play an instrumental role within the business, from developing best practice, delivering strategic projects and helping tell our story with data. All our teams work closely together to provide a support network for the business, ensuring the long-term success of Farfetch!
This is a hugely exciting opportunity to be the finance business partner to the global Operations and Creative Operations (Production) teams at Farfetch, reporting to the Commercial Finance Director. These areas are critical in our growth and scale and have many varied points across the business and with both our customers and partners. It is a hugely exciting area as we expand into new regions and increase capacity in our teams through technology; this role will work hand in hand with the teams to make sure our approach and execution is a success.
What you’ll do:
- Own the Operations and Creative Operations budget and forecasting processes, balancing priorities of multiple stakeholders, whilst challenging the existing cost base to drive efficiencies internally and with 3rd parties both on the revenue and costs side of gross profit and discretionary spend;
- Support team on bringing complex technical strategies to life and developing them into longer term, robust budgets and plans;
- Challenge ROI and work with the teams to find optimum levels for efficient use of resources;
- Analyse results, identify opportunities and exploit trends;
- Support initiatives and projects as they arise.
Who you are:
- A qualified accountant;
- Experienced in Operations and Production in multi-armed business (as a must);
- Experienced in the Platform and fashion industries;
- Have strong commercial awareness and business acumen;
- Able to operate in ambiguous and changing situations;
- Have high level of judgement, drive and influence;
- Proactive, enthusiastic, ambitious and passionate;
- A strong team player with the ability to interact with those inside and outside of the Finance teams to deliver preferred outcomes
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.