Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.<p
About the role:
We are looking for a unique individual who is talented in creating systematic and automated processes and tools for reporting data and insights across marketing and the wider business. You will have a huge impact and take our BI to the best in class system.
You will be a person that thrives in solving complex problems in a fast paced environment balancing tactical needs whilst driving strategically for a long term solution.
We are looking for a:
- Critical thinker, confident to transform our data and information into structured and automated systems and reporting
- Organized, team player, ready to build on our BI structure with the various stakeholders of the business
- Project driven personality, identifying gaps and turn them into implementable solutions
This is the ultimate role for the detail-orientated analyst who enjoys manipulating vast amounts of data and loves the challenge of creating highly automated solutions for data collection, validation and analysis!<p
Your opportunities to develop range from working directly with data engineers to grow technically, as well as working alongside marketing and finance to grow commercially.<p
What you’ll do:<p
- You’ll design and deliver best-in-class data products and reporting
- A robust process to ingest and validate data from publishers globally via API, SFTP, etc. (e.g. costs from Adwords for major markets to iPinYou in China)
- Ensure our core data products are surfaced properly in Looker
- You’ll ensure a high level of data quality for core data sources and critical KPIs
- An automated solution to monitor the data feeds being sent to our platform every day and on time, including an alert system that will flag data accuracy issues to relevant teams and will identify potential causes
- Conduct root cause analysis on data defects and work with the business on their resolution
- You’ll raise the bar in BI and our impact on the business
- Gain in-depth understanding of the commercial objectives of the Marketing organizing and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources and tools.
- Build a business case for new data sources/tools if necessary (e.g. linking our data tables directly to our audience targeting platform, BlueKai)
- Training for analysts in how to refactor their SQL code for faster processing and to ensure that their dashboards are updated on a regular cadence
Who you are:<p
- You have a BSE in computer science, engineering, information systems or other highly quantitative field
- You are advanced in SQL, with experience pulling/pushing data via API or by FTP
- You have working knowledge of Python
- You have experience with data visualisation tools (Tableau, Looker)
- You are detail-orientated with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- You are an expert in manipulating large data sets in a professional environment
- You are a strong communicator regardless of format (email, documentation, presentation, discussion)
- You are able to collaborate with both commercial and technical stakeholders (technical product managers, development leads)
- You have knowledge or experience in digital marketing tech stack (e.g. DoubleClick, DoubleClick For Publishers, Facebook, DMPs like BlueKai) is a plus
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.