Business Analyst - Store of the Future
About the department:
Store of the Future (SoF) is the final piece in the Farfetch Augmented Retail vision, linking the online and offline worlds. It is a platform where Farfetch will tailor the solutions to each brand, each city and each store. SoF will use data to enhance the retail experience, delivering personalization for customers and empowering the store staff.
Farfetch Store of The Future team is dedicated to digital innovation. Our aim is to solve problems experienced by boutiques, brands and the end customer, as well as brainstorming new ideas and business concepts whilst exploring disruptive technologies in a rapid prototyping approach. By joining the SoF team you will be helping Farfetch pioneer the next stage in the evolution of the fashion industry … the connected store, which will allow customers to experience a new sense of discovery within retail.
About the role:
Providing the vital bridge between IT and business stakeholders, the successful candidate will work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to identify, validate and communicate commercial requirements and insights to the product team.
What you’ll do:
- Eliciting requirements:
You will pro-actively engage with internal and external stakeholders to identify requirements and ensure they are complete and unambiguous;
- Communicating requirements:
You will document and present requirements to internal product, architecture and engineering teams;
- Supporting technical teams:
You will provide ongoing development support, ensuring queries and additional information requests are accurately and promptly resolved;
- Coordinating acceptance testing:
You will plan and coordinate testing and ensure acceptance criteria match stakeholder expectations;
- Roadmap planning:
You will apply insights gained from stakeholder engagement to contribute effectively in product roadmap planning;
- Product vision:
- You will ensure a robust understanding of the product vision and convincingly articulate that vision
Who you are:
- You have demonstrable experience working as a BA within a retail setting (fashion is desirable);
- You are able to demonstrate a strong understanding of BA principles and methodologies;
- You have a recent experience working within an agile development setting;
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills including technical writing skills;
- You have strong business process modelling and data modelling capabilities (UML or BPMN desirable);
- You are fluent in French and able to demonstrate participation in business and technical discussions within a commercial setting.
- Problem solving: You are able to quickly identify underlying problems and provide robust and scalable solutions and/or workarounds;
- Strategic thinking: You are able to apply a deep understanding of strategic goals to determine needs and gaps;
- Technical writing: You are able to produce documentation in a manner that resonates with the target audience;
- Client services techniques: You are able to engage effectively with external partners and clients to determine needs and gaps;
- Communication: You are able to present and articulate concepts effectively to internal and external audiences at all levels of the organisation
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.