Copywriter - Browns
Who we are:
Farfetch is unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology. Our mission: to revolutionize the way the world shops. To do it, we need innovators. People who challenge convention and dare to dream. We’ve gone from a start-up to a billion dollar business. But we’re not done yet. Far from it. Be bold. Be brilliant. Together, we can be extraordinary
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do. We are a global team of over 1,000 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
We’re disruptive, we’re unexpected and we’re revolutionary in our own way.
For almost 50 years Browns has led the way as one of London’s defining luxury retailers known globally for our influence in style curation, customer experience and innovation. Together, we’re building a community of creative thinkers and fearless explorers to continually style out Browns as the coolest boutique in the world.
Flexibility, tenacity and a collaborative attitude are essential for this role. Working across multiple teams will provide the opportunity to explore Farfetch as a whole, whilst working directly with Browns will create interesting copywriting opportunities every month.
What You’ll do:
- Write innovative and engaging product descriptions while adhering to Browns tone of voice, guidelines and SEO practice
- Write brand copy and listings page copy
- Own the CMS copywriting process
- Help keep a general eye on product descriptions to ensure they are kept in order
- Help regulate and check any relevant size, fit and care information fed from the production facilities
- Help train new freelancers
- Various ad hoc duties as required
- You are an independent ‘self-starter’ with an excellent knowledge of content best practices, and a solid understanding of garment and accessory construction
- You are highly organised, with a strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- You are target focused and result driven, with the ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
- You have knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting-edge street style
- You have a writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of spelling and grammar
- You are a dedicated team player with a positive attitude
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and will be highly self-motivated and passionate about the Browns brand and our products
- You are comfortable with digital work on both in-house and external CMS