Freelance French Content Translator
In Production, you’ll be part of a creative family who work closely together to get the job done. There’s a real focus on continuous improvement here, so you’ll be encouraged to make the very most of your talents. We’ll also support and value your ideas.
Our UK Production team focuses on the content and copy that supports each product image on our website, ensuring that all of our products are described in an innovative, appealing & informative manner. Keeping within our brand guidelines and luxury tone of voice, you will play a key role in ensuring our customers know every last detail about our products before purchasing.
From detailed information on the compositions for each product, to supporting the Editorial team with any translations; you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. We have a translation team for each language site so we want people with a real international mindset and good cultural awareness.
FOR THE MOST CREATIVE THINKERS IN FASHION.
You will join a progressive and innovative Content Production team. This is a fully generalist role, with clear scope to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do. You’ll focus on creating ‘revolutionary’ content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with localizing and translating content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be required to create well-written, succinct and accurate translations to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.
You will have some experience working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally this would have been within a translation role, but a creative copywriter or a linguistics graduate with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What You’ll Do:
- Translating product descriptions from English into French
- Translating content for the French website
- Owning copy for particular brands and categories
- Tracking and correcting defects of product descriptions and other localized content
Who You Are:
- Fluency in French
- English-French translation experience
- Knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- Good writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- Understanding of garment and accessory construction
- Ability to work to clear deadlines but also to work independently
- Ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets
- Excellent writing skills
Non-essential but desirable
- Comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
- Experience with working in localization projects for e-commerce website, preferably luxury fashion retail
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships