Who we are:
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
LOOK BEYOND THIS SEASON’S MUST HAVE. AND MAKE A MUCH BIGGER IMPACT – WITH FARFETCH.
Our world class TechOps team is at the core of what we do - they help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionizing the industry. Get ready to join a highly skilled, cross-functional team of talented engineers, with a strong emphasis on Infrastructure Automation and Reliability. The Team is committed to keep pushing the envelope on Software Delivery and is always looking for brilliant people who can be part of the experience.
TechOps are split across 4 main offices - London, Porto, Lisbon and Shanghai (Los Angeles and New Delhi coming soon).
An exciting opportunity has come up in our TechOps team! We are looking for Infrastructure Engineers - people with a DevOps mindset obsessed about automation, scalability and infrastructure reliability. As part of this team, you will be joining +50 other high-skilled Engineers by developing automation and tools for Cloud Orchestration, Infrastructure Automation and CI/CD Pipelines.
We use our own tools, built on top of state of the art technology, to build and manage an Infrastructure of +2000 cloud servers that support our production/live services and our teams of software engineers.
DON’T CHANGE FASHION FOR A SEASON. CHANGE IT FOREVER.
What You’ll do:
- Develop automation and tools with a DevOps mindset on one or more strategic initiatives in the Infrastructure engineering team e.g. Cloud Orchestration, Infrastructure Automation, CI/CD Pipeline.
- Follow good practices about scale, performance, geo-distribution, multi-cloud, code maintenance, documentation etc. Keep Evolving, Keep Improving.
- Fully own what you build by supporting the colleagues on using and extending the automation and tools so that they can deliver faster, better, harder, stronger! You did it you own it!
Who You Are:
- Engineer passionate about building tools and automation for your fellows engineers.
- Fluent in English both spoken and written.
- Technical expertise:
- OS/Core Systems: Linux, Windows, Networking, Storage
- Programming: Python, Go, Java, .Net, bash, power shell etc.
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, GCE, Azure, Openstack etc.
- Frameworks: Hadoop/Big Data, Kubernetes, Containers, Terraform, EFK, Consul, Nagios, New Relic, Selenium, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.
- Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, Ansible
- Databases/Systems: MySQL, SQL Server, Cassandra, Mongo, Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ etc.
- Not afraid of challenges. There are no “problems”, only a better challenge.
- You are proactive, you like to help others, “Team Player” is your Middle Name.
- You don’t want to learn, you need to learn.
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.