In this demanding but pivotal role, you’ll be part of a small team whose mission is to maximize the value and promise of Farfetch’s data and make it ubiquitously available and valuable across the business. Engaging widely with stakeholders, customers and colleagues across all departments and geographies, you’ll help define, articulate and drive our data architecture including logical and physical models, MDM, meta- and reference-data strategies, source data design, governance and documentation.
What you'll do
- Contribute to development of Farfetch’s complete analytical data architecture right through from source to consumer.
- Work pragmatically and collaboratively with teams across the business to rapidly deliver value, whilst steering in a strategic direction.
- Ensure maximum value from our shift to event-based messaging architecture.
- Work closely with colleagues in Security and Governance to efficiently comply with our regulatory responsibilities (e.g. GDPR) whilst ensuring the needs of the business continue to be met.
- Constantly evolve data models & schema design of our data warehouse to support our business across various different physical data systems (from row and columnar DMBS to NoSQL and everything in between).
- Work across broad cross-functional teams to set and maintain data standards and development practices and help manage change.
- Catalogue and document our wide range of data assets to help the business easily discover, understand and leverage them. Including helping create rich and useful data dictionaries and business glossaries.
Who you are
- Data professional with 4+ years working in data management, data warehousing and/or data architecture roles.
- Experienced in all aspects of logical and physical data architecture, with a strong bias for action. You favor results over theory.
- Hands on and practical. You lead from the trenches but know the value of communicating the big picture.
- Strongly customer focused. You are dedicated to putting data to work for the business.
- Passionate about data quality and have plans to constantly improve it.
- An attentive listener and engaging communicator. You love sharing your knowledge, and evangelizing the benefits of world class data management.
- Available for and enthusiastic about regular travel different Farfetch locations.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.