Business Development Manager (France & Northern EU)
About the department:
We're at the creative, cutting-edge of fashion. It's our job to source emerging boutiques and spot trends, as well as working with the world's biggest luxury brands. Our team consists of Buying & Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Brands Partnership, Business Development, Vendor Funding & Supply Strategy & Success.
We collaborate with almost every team across the business, which keeps things varied and exciting! From building relationships with our partners – brands and boutiques to making sure that all of our products look beautiful on our site; we have a big part to play in everything we do.
What you’ll do:
- You will work closely with the Head of BD to build and implement the Business development strategy for your territories to reach the required business objectives and revenues
- You will manage and work closely with the Senior BD Executive to apply strategy
- New Business: Grow the Boutique network (in France, UK/Eire, Benelux, Scandinavia and Baltics) by signing new contracts in line with the Farfetch positioning.
- You will research or utilize established relationship to initiate contact with prospective new stores
- You will introduce them to the Farfetch concept and our ecommerce service offering, constraints, costs
- You will lead the contract negotiations process to ensure a successful long-term partnership and profitable relationship for both parties
- You will maintain progress reports on prospective boutiques (last contact date/conversations) and map out who is left to sign
- Existing Boutiques: Follow-up and engagement
- You will ensure and maintain on-going relationship with boutiques in Italy by partnering with all internal Commercial teams (Account Management, Partner Services, Buying & Merchandising, Commercial Strategy) to address any needs on either side (visits, conference calls, meetings etc.) and other departments if necessary (Marketing, Editorial…)
- You will constantly review and revise “selling points” and relevant collateral based on the company direction
- You will initiate seasonal check-ins with boutiques in alignment with Account Management to ensure that expectations are being met (Sales performance, Brands mix and Service level)
- You will promote wider company initiatives and projects as needed
- You will travel frequently to boutique locations, Fashion Weeks (Italy & France) and to our offices in Portugal when required
- You will keep abreast of industry developments, changes and evolution as well as the territories specificities, monitor boutiques other sales channels outside Farfetch if any
- You will identify new market segments and opportunities
- You will be responsible for contract renewals
Who you are:
- You have several years’ Experience in sales related position in luxury fashion apparel or accessories; (fashion wholesale or showroom experience preferred)
- You have experience building and maintaining relationships with clients/customers and knowledge of specialty stores/fashion boutiques in specified territories
- You have excellent organisation , communication and negotiation skills with attention to details
- You are Analytical minded
- You have people management skills
- You have working knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint with strong presentation skills
- You have solid understanding of the luxury fashion market
- You are professional, articulate, self-motivated, ability to multi-task
- You are able to manage a deal lifecycle which may take up to several years (patience is a key attribute which will be required in managing this process)
- You are native or Fluent French speaker
- Other languages an added bonus
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.