Unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology
Position: Infrastructure Engineer
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Reporting to: VP, Global Infrastructure
Benefits: Flexible opt-in benefits including 8 days’ holiday, minimum 15 days PTO, birthday off, Farfetch/Browns Fashion site discounts, 401k, company equity, medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts + more.
Hours of work: As needs and operational demands may necessitate variations in starting and ending times, as well as variations in total hours that may be scheduled each day and week, your hours will be scheduled directly by your manager or supervisor.
About the department:
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do - they help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across 3 main offices - London, Porto and Lisbon - the Tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints: Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are
committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has come up in our TechOps team! We are looking for Infrastructure Engineers - people with a DevOps mindset obsessed about automation, scalability and infrastructure reliability. As part of this team, you will be joining 50+ other high-skilled Engineers by developing automation and tools for Cloud Orchestration, Infrastructure Automation and CI/CD Pipelines. We use our own tools, built on top of state of the art technology, to build and manage an infrastructure of +1000 cloud servers that support our production/live services and our teams of software engineers.
What you’ll do:
- You will develop automation and tools with a DevOps mind set on one or more strategic initiatives in the Infrastructure engineering team e.g. Cloud Orchestration, Infrastructure Automation, CI/CD Pipeline.
- You will follow good practices about scale, performance, geo-distribution, multi-cloud, code maintenance, documentation etc. Keep Evolving, Keep Improving.
- You will fully own what you build by supporting the colleagues on using and extending the automation and tools so that they can deliver faster, better, harder, stronger! You did it, you own it!
Who you are:
- You are a Software Engineer passionate about building tools and automation for your fellow engineers.
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- Technical expertise:
- OS/Core Systems: Linux, Windows, Networking, Storage
- Programming: Python, Go, Java, .Net, bash, power shell etc.
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, GCE, Azure, Openstack etc.
- Frameworks: Hadoop/Big Data, Kubernetes, Containers, Terraform, EFK, Consul, Nagios, New Relic, Selenium, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.
- Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, SaltStack, Ansible
- Databases/Systems: MySQL, SQL Server, Cassandra, Mongo, Redis, Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- You are not afraid of challenges. There are no “problems”, only a better challenge.
- You are proactive, you like to help others, “Team Player” is your Middle Name.
- You don’t want to learn, you need to learn.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.