Data Science Manager
- Manage, mentor and develop the Product Data Science team.
- Collaborate with Product Owners to develop a product data-driven strategy.
- Oversee architecture design and technical implementation to guarantee scalable solutions.
- Access and analyze data to generate insights and make proactive recommendations.
- Formulate success metrics for project success (customer feedback, engagement) and guide the Data Science to optimize customer engagement.
- Plan and oversee experimentation over Data Science products.
- Coach the Data Science team developing models and data-driven solutions that add material lift to customer engagement optimization.
- Communicate complex solutions in a clear and understandable way to both experts and non-experts.
- Promote and foster a data-driven, customer centric culture at Farfetch.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a Data Science role, preferably working within a Retail and E-commerce environment. 3+ years managing and developing talent.
- Strong knowledge and proven hands-on experience in personalization and information retrieval projects.
- Experience setting the direction of data science projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Passion for proactively identifying opportunities through data analysis and modeling.
- Ability to communicate findings and data science concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences. Excellent organizational skills and deep understanding of mathematical and statistical concepts and techniques.
- Senior-level programming experience in Python, Scala or Go.
- Experience in designing and scaling data science solutions to large audiences and high-traffic applications.
- Interest and passion for big data technologies (e.g., Hadoop, Mahout, Spark, Pig, Hive).
- Strong English language, both written and spoken
- MS or PhD in a quantitative discipline: Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, Social Sciences etc.