Mobile Engineer - Android
Who we are
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do.
We are a global team of over 1,500 people and have offices based in London, New York, L.A., Porto, Guimaraes, Lisbon, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Moscow, Hong Kong & Tokyo.
We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.
Our world class Technology team is at the core of what we do - they both help support the running of the current business as well as explore new and exciting technologies that keep Farfetch truly revolutionising the industry. Split across 3 main offices- London, Porto and Lisbon, the tech hub is the fastest growing team working across all touchpoints, Web, Mobile and Instore. The teams are committed into turning the company into the leading multi-channel platform and are constantly looking for brilliant people who can help be part of the experience.
You will be responsible for the end-to-end development of Android applications driving the long-term mobile strategy planned for Farfetch. You will also have the chance to help out with UI Automation, fully automated built pipelines and API integration testing with node.js.
What you’ll do:
- Drive feature development and help improve end-to-end product quality;
- Contribute for cross team development of common libraries;
- Help define best practices on Android development and contribute for a share and learn driven environment;
- Be fully committed to Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment;
- Work closely with other Product Development teams to improve consistency and timing of releases;
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology.
Who you are:
- A tech enthusiast with good understanding of modern Android development;
- A creator of readable, maintainable, performant object-oriented Java code;
- Experienced with Android development tools;
- Knowledgeable about REST API architecture;
- An expert on client side development as well as the API backend stack;
- A releaser of at least one app (by yourself or as a team member);
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.