Product Owner - Design Systems
The Design Operations team is at the centre of our rapidly growing department. We’re here to enable designers and researchers to do truly exceptional work. We have a small team of programme managers and are growing a multi-disciplinary team to build a shared Design System for our designers, developers and product owners, to help build all of our products.
Our ambition is to iteratively build a world-class, user-centred product and share it with the world.
About the role:
We have completed a discovery phase to validate the need for a system, and are about to start the build of a minimum viable product. As Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to help build the team and will own the direction and execution of the product.
The Design System product team are co-located in London, but you will also collaborate closely with stakeholders from all over the world.
What you’ll do:
- You will understand how a design system can best serve the business, set the vision and identify opportunities and outcomes
- You will create and test hypotheses, experimenting and shipping early to get feedback
- You will capture and prioritise user needs
- You will manage the product backlog, refining it with the team and setting problems for the team to solve
- You will lead the team’s working practices
- You will measure adoption, product health and value: define key performance indicators and report on impact
- You will communicate and champion the design system with users, stakeholders and the public, creating visibility and extending reach.
- You will understand the workflow of our users and ensure there is guidance, product support, and practices for sourcing and adding content to the Design System
Who you are:
- You are able to articulate compelling visions and objectives to inspire others
- You are a problem solver who will loosely hold strong, well-informed opinions, but recognises and tests assumptions and looks for answers through collaboration
- You focus on the outcomes of a product, not just the output with the tenacity and willingness to do what’s needed to ship real value as fast as possible
- You have systematic identification and removal of distractions to stay focused on the things that truly deliver value
- You have the ability to formulate solid rationale from quantitative and qualitative insight
- You focus on the ’why’ but understanding of the ‘what’ and ‘how’ for collaboration with engineers and designers
- You are passionate about user-centred product and service design, technology and emerging ideas in the field
- You have:
- Experience managing and shipping user-centred digital products or equivalent
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Previously successful application of a test-iterate-learn approach
- Experience working in an agile, multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience with split-testing and analytics tools
- Experience mapping and measuring value against desired outcomes
- Experience with qualitative research
- Strong grasp of quantitative data collection and analysis
- You’re able to travel to Portugal and other global offices. We travel during office hours and have flexible working in London
- You have experience in making or using a design system, design or development experience are a plus, as is familiarity with e-commerce, particularly the luxury market
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.