M&A Transaction Execution Manager
Based in London and reporting to the Head of Corporate Finance, you will have the opportunity to work in an incredibly cross-functional role, helping to evolve and scale Farfetch business from a Corporate Finance and Strategy angle.
The Corporate Finance team was established in November 2016 and is one of the most cross-functional teams at Farfetch. Through heavy involvement in Corporate and Financial Strategy, M&A, investments, and partnerships, the team is working to deliver Farfetch’s most strategic, cross-functional, and high impact internal and external projects.
As an acquisitive Group, the Transaction Execution Manager will collaborate and work closely with the Group Financial Reporting and Finance Integration teams on our frequent M&A transactions/deals through assisting with accounting reviews in line with the Group Accounting Manual/policies (Farfetch reports under IFRS).
What you’ll do:
- You will work within the Corporate Finance team to support executive decision making about strategic and tactical initiatives, effective resource allocation taking into account other available opportunities and ROI
- Analyse financial and non-financial business information
- Identify and understand key drivers of a business and potential deal blockers (financial and non-financial)
- Conduct in-depth financial due diligence (both buy-side and sell-side) and write comprehensive reports, prioritising challenges
- Work in conjunction with Group Financial Reporting, Tax, Treasury and Legal teams on M&A structures and accounting treatments
- Responsible for day to day project management of the financial due diligence process, working closely with the internal finance teams, external financial advisors and legal counsel
- Interaction with senior levels of Finance team, and exposure to business owners so as to understand areas such as historical and projected business performance, wider commercial issues, etc
- Whilst the role is based in London, travel may be required, which is dependent upon the target’s location
Who you are:
- M&A transaction execution experience at a major Accounting firm/Corporate
- You have a Chartered Accountancy qualification (or equivalent)
- You have gained experience of IFRS from practice or industry, keeping abreast of the latest developments
- Due diligence experience for M&A and investments
- Strong project and process management skills
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Strong communication and Interpersonal skills
- Strong academic background in Economics, Maths or similar degree
- You have the ability to demonstrate high levels of enthusiasm and a proactive attitude
- You have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced high-growth environment. Experience of similar working environments would be ideal