Service Manager, Black & White
Unlike anything in the world of fashion and technology
Position: Service Manager, Black & White
Location: New York, NY
Reporting to: Engineering Director, Black & White
Benefits: Flexible opt-in benefits including 8 days’ holiday, birthday off, Farfetch/Browns Fashion site discounts, 401k, company equity, medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts + more.
Hours of work: As needs and operational demands may necessitate variations in starting and ending times, as well as variations in total hours that may be scheduled each day and week, your hours will be scheduled directly by your manager or supervisor.
About the department:
NEW TECHNOLOGIES. BIG CHALLENGES. THE CHANCE TO BE A PART OF SOMETHING GENUINELY GROUNDBREAKING. THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE THINGS WE CAN OFFER AT FARFETCH.
Black & White is a full service agency providing end-to-end, multichannel e-commerce solutions exclusively for luxury fashion brands. We pride ourselves on delivering world-class client service, from project management of the website build and maintenance through to ongoing e-commerce consultancy. On this growing team, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure into all of the brilliant things we do. The team is still in its infancy, but there is amazing momentum and it is an incredibly exciting time to join!
About the role:
In order to provide a great level of service to all brands, B&W has a service desk team to deal with the on-going ecommerce operations. We are looking for a Service Manager that is able to tackle the incident management and new requests in order to provide an effective and high-quality customer experience.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for services delivered within a Service Desk backlog to several customers.
- You will work with the Service Delivery Manager to gain understanding of the client, the contract, the business context and the priorities of the account.
- You will create strong cooperation with all stakeholders to ensure that customer is operating using standard methods and tools.
- You will drive the completion of the service acceptance, technical assurance and handover processes for all significant changes and implementations.
- You will provide guidance to the service team regarding investigation and solving customers' problems.
- You will handle customer queries or any incidents that have been escalated.
- You will review and share incident reports.
- You will help improve customer service procedures, policies and standards for your organization or department.
- You will provide training to external stakeholders in operational tools (e.g. content management, order management), in order to enable their ability to be self-sufficient.
- You will proactively keep a roadmap of preventive initiatives that aim to reduce recurrent / typical incidents.
- You will communicate changes in products to multiple stakeholders.
- You will support the continuous improvement program of customer service.
- You will support digital marketing initiatives.
- You will work closely with the U.S. Ecommerce Manager and Operations Manager to deliver outstanding customer service to our U.S. based clients.
Who you are:
- You are a degree-holder in Information Systems or a related field.
- You are proven to be experienced with 5+ years in the IT engineering field or IT service management.
- You are knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with solid understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement.
- You are able to easily build relationships with the different players of the organization, at different levels.
- You are able to multitask without losing focus on the most important/urgent tasks.
- You are able to deliver under pressure and deliver a great level of client service in a fast-paced environment working with some of the most iconic, demanding and exacting brands in the industry.
- You are a hands-on person with a hands-on attitude.
- You are an excellent in communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise customers clearly and to liaise effectively with other roles (such as client project managers, delivery managers, ecommerce managers).
- You are confident, patient, polite, tact and diplomatic when dealing with difficult situations.
- You are able to work independently in a satellite office with the required autonomy to make relevant decisions.
- You are understanding of agile methodologies and commitment to agile principles.
- You are previously experienced in running tech operational teams as there will be future opportunities to manage a team.
- You are knowledgeable in IT service management frameworks (such as ITIL).
- You are fluent in English; other languages are a plus.
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.