Commercial Analytics Manager
Your role will be critical to ensuring we identify the greatest selection of luxury product for the site – reducing wastage of products and categories that don’t resonate with our customer and avoiding missed commercial opportunities through not having enough of the bestselling product.
This person will bring a heavy quantitative skillset to the team (the “science”) but also be comfortable working with and embracing, the “art” from our fashion / trend-focused buying teams.
We’re looking for an analytical, commercially minded, strategic thinker, who is confident turning large data sets and complicated problems into digestible, packaged insights.
What you’ll do
- You will answer key business questions that shed light on product and partner performance using a hypothesis-led approach. In this way, you will build mastery of the ‘what’
- Identify hypotheses or potential answers to the questions based on input from key stakeholders
- Determine what analyses will help prove or disprove the hypotheses
- Execute the analyses by using SQL and/or a range of tools & resources (e.g. Excel, Looker)
- Prepare your findings in an easily digestible format for key stakeholders (e.g. Looker dashboards, PowerPoint, email)
- You will design and develop new methodologies for understanding data efficiently. This will enable you to build mastery of the ‘how’
- Be proactive in identifying opportunities to optimise data processing and interpretation, especially for analyses that must be conducted on a regular basis
- Prioritise these opportunities based on time saved and value to the business
- Implement robust methodologies with checks to ensure high data quality
- You will collaborate with other key stakeholders within the commercial, and across the business, to incorporate their qualitative input. This will enable you to build the mastery of ‘why’
- Review your findings with the Planning, Data Science, and Strategy functions.
- Work with the Business Development, Account Management and Brand Partnership functions to consider the practical challenges of our industry
- Introduce new, advanced data techniques to ensure that supply analysis and planning is as sophisticated, efficient and accurate as possible
- Establish key processes and ways of working with internal stakeholders;
- Innovate and identify projects that the business needs, using the data available.
- Support on training for the team
Who you are
- Extensive experience within consulting or analytics (preferably both).
- You have a university degree must be in physical sciences, maths, economics or engineering; MBA a plus
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to influence change in senior stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Advanced forecasting and data modeling techniques
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational and commercial excellence
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- Comfortable working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Excel (required)
- SQL, R, Matlab (preferred)
- Looker, Tableau etc.
- An understanding of fashion and luxury is a bonus
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in the quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!