Senior Sub Editor (Maternity cover)
About the role:
Reporting into the Content Manager, you will be responsible for sub-editing engaging UX copy, transactional emails, webtext, customer service copy and other ad-hoc content, whilst capturing and protecting the Farfetch tone of voice. As you will edit copy to be used across different front- and back-end platforms, a firm understanding of copy adaptation for purpose, is essential.
You will collaborate primarily with Product Owners, UX designers, and Customer Service teams to address our customers needs and ensure that our copy is on-brand, effective and tailored to each platform.
Proven experience writing and sub-editing for brands, whether it’s via an online platform or agency, is essential, as is having a firm grasp of the English language. You’ll benefit from working with a wide range of departments within Farfetch, which will present unique opportunities to grow within the company, whilst upholding our tone of voice.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for constantly evolving the language within the business and sharing/publishing the information globally
- You will consider all copy from a UX standpoint, ensuring that design and copy complement each other
- You will sub-edit webtext, UX copy, transactional emails and other ad-hoc content, collaborating with content creators across the business including copywriters and translators to reinforce our tone of voice
- You will be the guardian of our tone of voice, assisting with ad-hoc training workshops and giving constructive guidance to the wider business on house style, tone of voice and best practice
- You will create guidelines for all content types based on our tone of voice
- You will carry out a site audit of all current English copy on Farfetch, using the new guidelines to refresh our tone of voice
Who you are:
- You have expert knowledge of luxury fashion brands and products
- You have experience working within an agency, luxury brand or online publication to tight deadlines
- You have a firm understanding of tone of voice, with an ability to adapt style to suit specific needs
- You have a Journalistic qualification or equivalent English/Linguistic qualification
- You have impeccable accuracy with grammar, spelling and punctuation
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You are able to work under pressure and to tight daily deadlines
- You have considerable sub-editing experience, preferably working with digital copy
- You have a collaborative attitude to work, with an ability to work across multiple departments
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.